About Travel Talk

Discover new destinations, find out more about your next house sit location, share your travel experiences, tips, resources, or post your favourite travel memories and photos.

Travel is a common goal for our owners and sitters, so our TRAVEL TALK category will be a place where ALL our members can come together to share their knowledge across a broad range of topics.

It’s your place in our community to talk about travel in anyway that helps inform, inspire, understand and appreciate local cultures and heritage - anything to make your journey with TrustedHousesitters the best it can be, wherever you are in the world.

2 Likes

Hello everyone to come. :grinning:. I am in Montreal, Quebec. Would be glad to help and take a coffee with you if you are around. Terrasses ans restos are opening . :grinning:.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m from Wales, UK. Anyone hoping to visit the UK from overseas : it’s not going to happen soon, unfortunately! - but when it does, you SHOULD take time to come west and visit the land of myths and legends, of dragons and of song. CROESO!

3 Likes

I second that! Wales is just stunning - the people, the scenery, everything about it. I’m originally from Chester and was lucky enough to spend some of my childhood exploring North Wales, I hope to find myself an extended sit there someday to experience it as an adult!

2 Likes

@Lindsay North Walians (Gogs) would agree with South Walians ( Woolly Backs) that we are two different peoples. There’s often no love lost between us! They say that you can experience four seasons in the drive along the A470 south to north.

2 Likes

I’d been to the UK a few times but only ever spent a couple of days in Wales. So in 2018 on my annual visit to the UK I decided to look for sits in Wales. The result was I spent 6 weeks (3 sits) there enjoying your absolutely beautiful country. The sits were in Denbighshire, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire. Had a perfect day for going up Mt Snowdon! Hopefully I’ll have the opportunity to re-visit Wales once international travel opens up to me again.

2 Likes

@temba Pembrokeshire is often called ‘Little England’ due to the number of English who have infiltrated the county (!) while Cardiganshire is truly ‘God’s country’.

1 Like

Hi everyone For anyone thinking of going further afield Australia is still closed for business. Aussies are travelling far and wide in Australia as our options at the moment are pretty limited. Our vaccine program has been slow to take off. I have my fingers crossed for early 2022. Like most of you I am very keen to get going again. Would love to look after any pets particularly a moggie. We lost our gorgeous grey tabby in January, talk about heartbreaking. Its time to love someone elses kitty.

4 Likes

I can understand this @LTD. It was the summer holidays when we were in Tenby and it was swarming with English holidaymakers, so a popular county indeed. We were thankful the house sit was in walking distance of the town.

1 Like

It’s not much fun in Victoria at present but you’re right, @snowbob, we are having the opportunity to see our own vast country more. Heading north for winter is definitely on the cards for me! Would be wonderful to think we could be travelling O/S early next year but I think it might be a little optimistic. We can only hope! So very sorry you lost your dear tabby earlier this year. It’s such a wrench and I hope you’ve been able to look after some other kitties on local sits.

2 Likes

We had a wonderful time in Pembrokeshire - we visited Skomer Island and spent the day surrounded by puffins. It was incredible :slight_smile:

1 Like