Alaskan travelers new to the site

Hello… We’re new to the site and hope to utilize the system in our travels to N. Zealand early next year… 6 months of Alaskan dark winters are a bit long. looking forward to a bit of warmth. We have a gentle Papillon (Continental Toy Spaniel) and a home where he can run free inside and out… Occasional moose in the yard and migrating birds out back as well as a sneaky fox or two add to the beautiful mountain views. Looking forward to a sit,.

11 Likes

Hi @snowfire A very big welcome to the forum. What a gorgeous photo of your little Papillon, and clearly enjoying life.
You will find fabulous members here, who are all very open to share their ideas and experiences
Do add your profile link is here >> https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

Once you add this other members will be able to “meet” you properly and will see what owners see when you apply for sits
Enjoy perusing and engaging on the forum.
Best Wishes
Therese

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum snowfire! I just returned from a first time cruise to Alaska which I really enjoyed. The scenery was breathtaking!

Yes, I love S.E. Ak. I skippered State vessels for 10 yrs there. Also spent a season as the ships naturalist for a Hollond cruise ship one season. A neat and less expensive way to see almost the same sites as the cruise ships in Ak, is by boarding an Alaskan State Ferry in Bellingham , Wa and taking it up the inland passage for three days…

1 Like

Ok, I believe I’ve done it correctly. Sometime in the future we’ll be looking for a sitter, but as of now, looking for a place to sit.
Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Hi @snowfire and a warm welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the anticipation of your travels to New Zealand! Therese is off now until Monday, so I’ve just tweaked your link so that it works correctly. Your home location sounds pretty idyllic too - have always wanted to venture out to Alaska, but my partner spent a couple of years experiencing winters in the Yukon, so I have trouble convincing him :smile: Enjoy discovering the forum and our community discussions. All the best, Vanessa

1 Like

Well…we have summers up here also :slightly_smiling_face: Sept is my favorite. We have BEAUTIFUL fall colors… as does the Yukon…

2 Likes

I’ll keep trying @snowfire !! Or maybe it will be a solo visit one day :smile: Would love to see some pics of those beautiful fall colors you mention!! Happy Saturday!

Ask and you shall receive!

6 Likes