Am I going crazy?

Every time I refresh the listings the first two pages are exactly the same sits. The very first sit has been an Irish one for the past three days. Page five or six starts the new sits. What’s happening? Are people paying a premium to get their sit first on the list?

It’s driving me crazy.@s/#§>?

3 Likes

Hi @ElsieDownie Well, no answer from me as to your question … :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

I rarely search the homepage, but I just did and see what you mean. I’ve reported it to staff.

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Phew, thank you. I thought it was me.

I’ve noticed this for the past couple of days and assumed it was just another “glitch” that will get fixed eventually.

I noticed it as well but foolishly just assumed there were no new sits.

I don’t pay much attention to that page because I’m usually going straight to my saved sits to see if there’s anything new.

Same here @ElsieDownie. It’s been like this for a few days. Very frustrating!

I have seen this in the past with US sits and mentioned it here. They stay at the top for a week or more. I also contacted Membership Services and never received an explanation. It seems to be a way for HO to play the system-each change to your listing, no matter how minute, moves you back to the top of the list.

It works that way for sitters too - whenever we tweak our profile, it pops to the top for our area. (Not that I care much. I don’t want to sit in my area anyway…)

1 Like

Forwarded to the team … Thank you @Snowbird

Not just you! I’m in the US and noticed this also- very frustrating to see the exact same (non-appealing) sit listed first every time I logged in to look, with new sits buried several pages in. Thank you for saying something!

At least we have an explanation. Thank you.

No @ElsieDownie I think it’s another glitch in the system.

1 Like

Now we have two instead of 2 in the listings for how many pets?
It brings me to the question, with so many cliches on the web site I can definitely see why people don’t want to give THS personal information.
How hard is it to run a web site?

3 Likes

Hi @ElsieDownie thank you for bringing this to our attention. This issue should now be fixed. Thanks, Ben

1 Like

Thank you. Yes it’s fixed

3 Likes