Another Glitch?

I’ve tried on my phone and laptop… neither works

Yes, same here, location filter sometimes works sometimes doesn’t. Duration filter as well. Ay ay ay :frowning:

Yep same here

Hi in the last couple of days i have been having major issues replying to messages in my inbox.
Everytime i go to write something it lets me type a few words then goes real slow then locks up and then i get the message that the app is not responding.
I cannot talk to my current clients nor contact potential ones. Is anyone else having this same issue. I have tried contacting THS direct but can never get through. I have tried all the normal things like reinstalling the app but nothing is working

1 Like

Hi @LynnandChris I’m really sorry that you are having issues with the App could you let me know which version of the App you have and your device please … there are know issues which the team are working on but having more information would be helpful …

Thank you.

1 Like

Sounds like the same trouble someone else has been having. Is it you @Lieve?

Same problem i am having and even if i access the website with my phone as soon as i go to write a message it goes back to the App. Only way arount it is to write message offline then copy and paste into the message box. Not ideal so lets hope the tech team solve it pronto

1 Like

And it’s happening again. I received a reply from technical services 4 days ago, this bug they found was going to be placed on there priority list. Still no solution,. So by now I still can’t apply to any sits. I depend on my phone to be able to apply!. So all other solutions are not valuable as I can’t open the browser and at the same time the templates that I need for replying, or to have a look at the advert while I am doing so.

For me, using a Samsung Tab A tablet, sometimes I can apply on the app, sometimes I can’t. THS Support told me a couple of months ago that Samsung tablets are not supported on the app for applications. Two days ago I couldn’t lodge an application on the app so just went to the website and applied OK. Yesterday, I was able to lodge an application on the app with no problems. Go figure? The app is very hit and miss with so many issues right now. The repeat of tge same sit listing when scrolling through sits is particularly frustrating. It’s like a record needle getting stuck! Grrr. Wish the app would get fixed as fit for purpose @Ben-ProductManager

3 Likes

I have a few searches set up but I haven’t gotten a notice in MONTHS… What gives? (I’d been saving the searches on the app interface on my phone)

Delete them and re-do & save your searches. Sooo many app problems atm :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

geez. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: ok

Using the new area filters (USA, Europe, UK etc) I searched for sits in the USA. It brought up 1208 but the first three listings were in the UK.
Could the tech team check it out? I use the website - not the app.

1 Like

Hi @Twitcher I will pass on to the tech team … thank you for flagging.

Hi @LynnandChris. I was thinking about your problem. So, if you access the website with your phone, sometimes it will still go to the app? What if you delete the app from your phone? You can always install it again when they fix the bugs. Then maybe you can do everything from within the TH website on your phone. My understanding is that should be possible, and if not, then those additional bugs should be reported to Membership Services (support@trustedhousesitters.com).

On a similar note, I’ll ping @Lieve here, with the goal of finding any way you can apply for sits with your phone, since right now it sounds like that’s completely impossible?

My expertise is with Apple devices, but I think you should be able to apply via the TH website on your Android phone? You said in another topic:

There must be a way around this. Does your phone’s browser have tabs? What is this “other document” you are trying to open? Is it like a google doc? What if instead you kept a simple application template in the built-in Android notes app (whatever that is). Or, just keep it in an email to yourself?

That way, when you see a sit you like, you can copy the application from notes/email, then paste it into the TH website on your phone. It can be like a “to-be-continued” app, just to let the HOs know that you will send another message when you’re back at your computer.

Just trying to think outside the box, while the box gets fixed. =)

@geoff.hom I agree, I think if @LynnandChris try deleting the app for now and using the website on the phone instead. I have been having issues on my Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max with the messages whilst using the app so have completely logged out and then used the website, (whilst out & unable to use my iPad, laptop etc), which seemed to rectify although I do still have an issue on every device iPhone, iPad, laptop etc with the constant repeating of sits, I only get a short way down on each device now until the same sit or every other sit is repeated numerous times. The same sit always starts at the top of the scroll as well despite the fact that new sits will have gone on since then.

1 Like

This is getting worse. On my laptop, usual browser trying to look for sits in City of London. Here’s what comes up on the first line and it continues in this very random way. Please, please can these glitches be addressed as they make searching almost impossible.

Hi @LizBCN. On my laptop (Mac, Safari) it looks okay. Screenshot below. In your case, maybe you just have to clear something on your laptop? (e.g., restart laptop, restart browser, clear caches) Sorry, I’m more familiar with Mac than Windows.

1 Like

Hi @LizBCN… I hope @geoff.hom 's advice helped, (thank you) - as this usually corrects the problem. Please let us know if this is not the case.

2 Likes