App Insufferable & Tech Support Specific Contact?

Hi Lieve
I use both desk top & app -in different ways as they work a little differently. But I always do my applications on the desk top and not the App. I use the App mainly for quick searches, checking listings & reviews/feedbacks (as missing ones don’t show on the laptop) & for quick messages etc but I find it much easier to cut, paste & edit etc on the desk top. They are good when used together- each has its pros & cons. Sorry you have missed out because of the App crashing- that’s really annoying & I hope that gets sorted for you soon.
I also send our WhatsApp number straight away in the application so we can shift as quickly as possible to direct contact away from the App. Works for us and makes onward contact much easier.

Sorry things aren’t working with the Android app. I usually use the desktop/web on my Mac, or my iPhone.

I heard the TH website is supposed to be responsive; have you tried using that on your Android phone? Then maybe you can use the app for its strengths (e.g., notifications), but the website for its strengths (not crashing…).

1 Like

@Ben-ProductManager 6 days ago I reported a serious disfunction in the app. I had a reply 5 days ago that it would be repaired ASAP as they found the bug. Wwhen is it going to be repaired as it’s my only possibility to reply to any sits?

1 Like

Hi @Lieve I realise how frustrating this must be, the team are aware and will respond just as soon as they have an update.

It’s already a full week that I can’t apply for any sits, and that where I live in a very wanted area. So speed is important. Daily I see sits passing bye and I feel really disadvantaged.

1 Like

Hi @Lieve can you apply using the website rather than the app?

I tried that but if I try to open my documents, the page just closes. It’s only with the app that I can have them both open. This is important because otherwise I lose my place within de 5 first to apply.

Hi @Lieve - below is a product update from October 2022. Hope it helps and you are able to complete your applications …
Although this affected only a small proportion of our members applying for sits in prime locations (most sits do not reach the 5-application limit), we listened to your feedback and have prioritised this adjustment. From today on both the desktop and the App (iOS and Android) if you have started an application you will be allowed to submit it, regardless of the 5 limit.

Once you press “apply” and start writing your application you won’t need to rush your application and can take your time to craft and submit a well-thought-out application, which we know our pet parents and homeowners appreciate.

However, there are a couple of things you’ll need to remember:

• The system knows you have begun the application process when you hit the “apply” button and start writing your application, but if you refresh your screen, or close the browser tab you will lose your place and have to try again.
  • If the homeowner very quickly selects a sitter while you are still in the process of applying, you will see the message “reviewing applications”. Your application will not be considered in this rare case.

Submitting hurried applications was one of the top discussions both here in the forum and through the membership services team, so we are very pleased to have been able to implement this change quickly in response to your concerns.

Sorry, this is only useful for me on a laptop. On a mobile devise the page with the advert closes if you open another document. As I receive the daily mail with sits in my area, and 90 percent is already closed, I would say that it’s very important for me to be within the first 5. I live in the south of Spain and am interested in sits in my region.

I don’t wait anymore till I receive an alert as that takes between 1 or 2 hours to be sended. So many times a day I look into the new available sits. Even then I miss a certain amount that I see later in the evening when I read the daily mail. That’s how competitive it is. The fact is that I can’t reply because of a bug that can’t be repaired in one week

1 Like

@Lieve have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it?*

The website has been the better choice for avoiding tech issues except I’m finding when I filter searches for housesits by duration, the search filter doesn’t work – for instance, if I search for 2 weeks+ I get sits for 4 days showing up…

Sorry the information didn’t help - it must be very frustrating for you. Hope it gets resolved very soon.

1 Like

Yes, several times.

The last 10 hours I have desperately tried to apply to more than 10 sits. Using all the tricks mentioned above I succeed twice to send an application. Once only mentioned my email and phone number. The second time with a 20 worth explanation. That time it crached about 20 times, always asking me if I wasted to close the application or wait. I did wait, minutes every time. So I finally got thru. Just minutes later I received a decline of the HO. Which I fully understand.

I tried that MANY times and still having the same issue as Lieve, given up trying. The funny thing is, the site doesn’t crash on this Forum page, only on the housesit listing page. Go figure :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Gosh, @Lieve, I’m sorry you’ve had to go thru all this. But I’m honestly still puzzled. I’d think you should be able to submit an application via the mobile website, even on Android. I have only a cheapie iPhone SE gen 2 (2020), so I can’t debug Android, but still…

If you can help me by providing more details on what you’re doing on your Android phone, maybe we can suss this out.

1. Please try to submit an application using only the mobile web (not the TH app).
    1. Just try to type in your email and phone number, and select a date, because it sounds like even getting that working consistently would be a step forward.
    2. If it crashes or does something unexpected, please explain. Screenshots appreciated.
  2. If the above works, then try to submit another application still using only the mobile web (not the TH app). However, feel free to try to copy text from elsewhere and paste it into your application.

@ziggy: Feel free to try and report back, too. Since you imply the TH mobile website is crashing (again, the website, not the TH app).

In the meantime, I’ll work on a longer reply with screenshots of what I see when applying on my iPhone via the mobile website.

I as well am having difficulties with both website and app crashing. I was in the midst of applying for a sit and it kept crashing. I tried the website as well and it just took me to the app and i still had difficulties. I sent the HO my phone and email to communicate. Very frustrating.

1 Like

@geoff.hom I have no problems with the mobile website crashing, works fine. It is only the app that crashes, every single time.

Hi @Catgoddess_99. On iPhone, you can use the mobile website to apply for a sit without using the app. I really think it should be the same on Android. Let’s try to puzzle this out together?

Here, I’ll post screencaps using the mobile website to apply for a sit in a saved search, which seems like a common use case. You should be able to follow the exact same UI on your mobile website.

(Note: I had a similar post here recently, but I failed to redact identifying info of the listing. My bad!)

If you run into an issue (e.g., the website sends you to the app), then please go back to the website and take a screenshot of the UI right before that happened. Then please share the screenshot(s) plus your device and browser. (If you don’t want to post the screenshot(s), then DM them to me.)

Below is with an iPhone SE gen 2 (2020), Safari:

(start in the web browser, at the TH website)
(view your saved searches)
(view one saved search)
(tap a listing)
(tap “View dates”)
(tap “Apply now”)
(scroll down)
(fill out application)
(ready to tap “Send application”!)

I can’t help with the Android app crashing; but we know Technical Services knows. I am hopeful that we can help you get stuff done with the mobile website. We just have to keep poking at it.

2 Likes