Are you only members of THS or other housesitting platforms too?

Why are you members of other sites (and which ones if it’s allowed to tell the names ??), to see more opportunities ?
I discovered some web sites where comparisons between pet sitting sites are made, do you use that ?
Are you members of digital nomads, a forum which seems to welcome many THS members ?
Now that this THS forum is open, will you leave the other ones ?

1 Like

How strange, I know some members of this forum who post on other sites, but none has replied…

1 Like

We joined “House Sitters Canada” for one year as it was free and we did a sit a few hours away from us. The sits were only in Canada so we didn’t see the point in remaining as members once they started with a paid subscription. We feel that Trusted House Sitters offers such a variety of sits throughout the world there really isn’t any point in belonging to another house site site.

2 Likes

French sitters here and we use Nomador, which I suppose is more tuned to French people as they have more offers in France than anywhere else.
But frankly it doesn’t bear the comparison with THS: less attractive presentation, less user-friendly, and the date and location search often gets shaky . Plus I find owners less courteous : they don’t answer, or contact us and keep us waiting for ages for an answer, or change their minds at the last minute etc
Give me THS any time!

2 Likes

I joined housesitters.com.au in Australia to get more local HouseSits closer to home as most of my jobs are a 3+ hours drive away. I have only got a 1 week sit in July, and applied for few others through them. I applied for another and got a message saying they are going through applications and not heard back. I still prefer THS and would like sits closer to home in NSW but usually have to go to QLD for sits. Two in QLD booked for a couple of weeks starting Friday.

2 Likes

I like how aussie/kiwihousesitters shows a reply rating for owners as well as a generated ‘X person acknowledges your message, is going through applications & will respond’.

2 Likes

I have used AussieHousesitters too and were impressed with deduction of points system if either a sitter or owner don’t respond within so many days. THIS need to introduce that feature

3 Likes

We’ve done one sit through Nomador for a mixed Costa Rican/Belgian couple in Costa Rica.
It was one of my three free applications which was great, but I don’t think I’d join