Autumn in Provence? 22/09- 04/10/2021

i just want to warn the Forum community I published an ad today on THS.
As I shall sit myself in the south west of France, I need a sitter this time : my husband comes with me.
Dates may be flexible as the home owner warned me it could be a little before or a little after. I will be obliged to follow.
The main problem is my young dog who SCREAMS when he is left alone. We try to heal him. No success so far…
Criterium : sitter(s) must speak french

1 Like

Karine: why do you request that the sitters must speak French ? Do you think they could not find their way around ? No problem with me as I am french speaking but I had many times English and Italian people in my house who were delighted to have access to my French Canadian part of the world. Do you feel they could not cope with an emergency for the animals or the house ? Nowadays a lot of French people manage pretty good in English. Just asking. Peut être y a t il des raisons qui m’échappent.

1 Like

Because my neighbours don’t speak english, my vet’s assistant either. We are not in Paris but in the country and few people speak english.
In case of emergency it is impossible for a foreigner to manage with a plumber, an electrician, firemen, policemen. Google translation on a cell phone is not enough. When you hear a message in french and can’t understand what’s about, it may be a real problem.
i would not sit in a country where I don’t speak the language.
I always insist on that.
I guess I may find foreigners who speak french (some do…) or french people…
Carine

1 Like