Christmas in sunny Southern California Dec 23 - Jan 2

Dates: 12/23 - 1/2

UPDATE - SIT FILLED 15 DEC 2021

Request:
Request: Hi, everyone. We’re planning to be out of the country over Christmas and just had our only application canceled. We have a quiet and comfortable place within easy reach of L.A., and our cat is really very low maintenance. Please look for our listing and consider us for your holiday stay.

1 Like

Hi. I’m sorry to hear of the cancellation, but unfortunately this is currently more common because of shifting circumstances with the pandemic. You can make it easier for sitters to find your listing by embedding it in your forum username. Here are Vanessa’s excellent instructions on how to do that.

I hope you find a new roommate for your cat.

2 Likes

Thank you for this wonderful advice, Snowbird - I’ve made this change, and hope to see visitors soon!

1 Like

I’m happy to help, as are many others on this forum. I’ve looked at your listing, and will just suggest that you consider removing the ‘sitter needs a car’. Your listing details make it so that someone can clearly decide on that themselves. On the forum you will find lots of discussion on this topic. You want to avoid a sitter instantly discounting your sit, because of that tag. Yes, it may enhance a stay to have a vehicle, but auto rentals are prohibitive for many. Some may happily work with the options you’ve shown for walking and public transit. Don’t miss out on an ideal candidate because they don’t have a vehicle. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

We have a sitter! Our thanks to the administrators and to everyone who looked and shared our listing.

3 Likes

@Katdaveandcat That’s wonderful news and so good to see the forum and our members and the THS team coming together to get you a successful outcome. All that remains now is to wish you the happiest of holidays!! :evergreen_tree:

1 Like