Contacting HO to express interest even if you cannot make the posted dates?

Hi @Flopsy, not ALL listings with " no current dates" are shown under this catergory.

1. Listings that have a current sitter in place, and those with a confirmed sitter(s) for a future date(s) dissapear completely from view.

2. Once the cuurent sit or future sit is completed, there is no guarantee that the listing is then shown under under “no current dates” its a kind of lottery system as to which listings are ‘picked’ to be displayed under this header, once all sits current and future have been completed…
    As a HO its very disappointing to have my listing dissappear for many months until after a sit is completed and then NOT be shown under the no current dates catergory.
    I want my listing to be visible for sitters to favour and therefore be notified when I post new dates.
    This matter is on the radar for THS to look into…

1 Like

I posted this before the 5 applications rule was introduced. Now I go for the option of saving a listing as a favourite on the app.

If you have favourited their listing and are available for their dates, then I´m sure they would expect that you would apply if you were available for the dates they need a sitter. So there would be no point to reach out to you if you haven´t applied after favouriting their sit.

Occasionally some do reach out, if it´s a very last minute listing and they are having trouble finding someone. But in those cases I believe they try to get in touch with their more local sitters, rather than someone a fair distance away.

So, are you saying that if I favourite a listing while on my PC, I will not get a notification about new dates for this listing on the app?
I will only get notifications through the app for the listings I favourite while on the app??

@Lake there have been differing answers, and differing opinions by forum members on that in the past. Given the post you’re referring to was a few months ago, I’m going to tag @Therese for a definite answer. I would also like to know the current status on that point. :slightly_smiling_face:

I did just search the help section on the main website and only see a help guide on how to favourite on the app. There isn’t a parallel one for favourite on the website. I don’t know whether that’s intentional or an oversight.

2 Likes

No worries @Snowbird . I have now read more of the forum content and have seen that Theresa has confirmed otherwise.

Appreciate you getting back to me so quickly though.

2 Likes

Hi. We’ve been sitters for almost a year now and are mostly very happy with our experience through Trusted Housesitters. I’ve seen discussions about owners contacting sitters who have favorited your place (yes, please feel free to do so), but I haven’t seen discussion about the reverse situation. If I’m planning to be in your area - could be for work or family or other reasons - how would you feel about being contacted to inquire whether you might be planning a trip but haven’t yet posted it?

HI @mhiland , fyi, you can only contact an owner if they have an active sit posted and you must click “apply.” Of course you can withdraw your application after you have made contact.