Could you add sitter arrival and departure dates?

I always verify this because we’ve issues with confusing arrival dates in the past. Most HO have asked us to come over for dinner the night before and either have us stay in the guest room or we have booked a hotel room nearby. This was all pre-Covid so things are different now. We have a sit in late May but we’ve been there before so we will arrive in the morning for a socially distant handoff.

2 Likes

@Jon-JWalking we have updated the copy: ‘To’ and ‘From’ dates to ‘Sitter arrival’ and ‘Sitter departure’. Keep us posted if this issue still continues! Thanks. Ben

3 Likes

@Ben-Product Thanks for the change. Most of the sitters here used to add maybe a day before and after before we apply, and we need to discuss this with the HO. With that change, is it not necessary. This will make planning easier.

But because of this, I have one question. How do sitters outside the forum now find out about the change?
This is the HO view. Right? But how we sitter see that now? Will be there a label or something else that the date now shows the expected arrival and departure date for us? At the moment, it looks like this?

dateSitter

2 Likes

Hi, @StefanK moving forward the Arrival/departure date should be the dates the Sitter is needed.

I would still double-check with the owner. This confusion should be eradicated as the Owner has put in the dates they need a Sitter rather than the dates they are away/on holiday.

2 Likes

Thanks Ben

1 Like

That was not my question. I asked how a normal Sitter will now notice that change.

A Sitter will notice the change when talking to an Owner in that the arrival/departure date now match the dates the sitter is needed.

2 Likes

Brilliant Ben, that should make bookings a lot clearer. Let’s see if it does.

1 Like

Yes!!! We usually appreciate a sitter arriving the day before if we are going to be leaving early the next morning. There is so much to show them that it is appropriate to add that request.

2 Likes