Danish family of four

Hello!
We are a Danish family of four and a cat who has been traveling and living in our old campervan for more than a year now, recovering from 10 years of battling the social system.

We’re new to Trustedhousesitters.com, but have been house and pet sitting for friends and through Workaway.info

We’re currently exploring France and aiming for a winter in Spain or Portugal.

Our daughter (10 yo) was born with severe Microcephaly and needs extra attention and care help her focus on her daily routines. She is very active and loves animals.

Our son’s 15th birthday is coming up here in November, so we are looking for a place to celebrate him :partying_face:
He adores dogs and cats and he has brought his own cat on this journey since Carlos (the cat) is his best friend.

Carlos tolerates dogs and kittens, has no interest in farm animals, but avoids adult cats.
He spends his time in our van if we’re near a road or if there are other cats around. He can also walk on a lead. Otherwise he roams around to catch mice, sleeps in the tall grass, and comes back to the van when he’s done.

We’re looking forward to meeting you and your pets :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lots of love,
Katrine, Mjølner, Saxe, Lue and Carlos.

15 Likes

Hi @TravelingOutsideTheBox
A very warm welcome to the forum. All our wonderful members here will be able to help you on this exciting journey should you have questions. You couldn’t ask for more like-type members who have incredible knowledge and experience.

I would also like to suggest that you add your profile link to your forum profile here, so other members will be able to “meet” you properly and will see what owners see when you apply for sits

If you go to your Dashboard on the TrustedHousesitters site, scroll to your green profile box, preview and that link copy and paste to your forum profile here.

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

Do also go the spyglass at the top right hand side, and search ‘Family’, which will bring up all the threads to read about sitting as a family.

We are looking forward to hearing about your travels and experiences.
Best wishes
Therese and the Forum team

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum Danish family. We are a Spanish family living now in Ireland. It would be great to exchenge experiences. We also have a black lab, Luna, who is the the one getting more cuddles from all of us. I have a 18 year old daughter and a (almost) 15 year old son. And we love travel, animals and meet new people. I wish you a lovely experience in Spain or Portugal.
Mit love,
Ester.

4 Likes

Hi!
Thank you for your reply and great advice.
However I am struggling to copy/paste the URL for our profile! When I am clicking ‘preview’ the app opens and there is no URL.

@TravelingOutsideTheBox I did just try to do this for you and found the same issue so I am tagging @Therese to see if she can assist.

1 Like

Hi @TravelingOutsideTheBox. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the community forum.

I was able to add a link to your TrustedHousesitters sitter page on your forum profile. So our forum members can see your sitter page, get to know you a little better, and possibly suggest ways to fine tune your page to make it even more enticing to pet parents/owners.

Happy travels, and happy birthday to your son from all of us here on the forum! I hope you find a very special place to celebrate him!

Karen

1 Like

Welcome @TravelingOutsideTheBox. I’m sure you’re going to have some wonderful sits.
I did a wonderful sit earlier this year in Birkerod. What amazing country and people may I say. Hopefully be back soon in your country for a sit!

2 Likes

Thank you, Karen!! :+1::blush:

1 Like

Hello and a big forum welcome @TravelingOutsideTheBox !! Your happy family photo brought a huge smile to my face this morning and I love that you are living in your campervan (we’ve done the same from time to time over the years). You are obviously giving your kids the best of life and that TrustedHousesitters can help you achieve this continued lifestyle is fabulous. Where in France are you at the moment? If you travel down our way enroute to Spain(Cote d’Or near Beaune), pop in and say hello - plenty of space for a camper overnight!!

3 Likes

Hey! :blush:
Thabk you for your kind message :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
We’re currently working our way south, hoping to soon reach Lyon and then the coast to catch some sun.

And thank you for the invite!! We’ll let you know if or when we will be around.

If you want to, you can connect with us through Instagram : @WhoseLifeIsItAnyway_

Katrine

3 Likes

Welcome! As a family, we have found the whole experience richly rewarding. Living in a motorhome has it’s challenges, of course, especially with teenagers, however we wouldn’t exchange it for ‘normal’ life. Enjoy your travels. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!
Oh yeah, tell me about it :see_no_evil:
It’s nice to hear from others that we’re not alone. :blush:

1 Like