Digital nomad looking for a sit in Ecuador, who else has been there?

Hello everyone,

I’ve decided Ecuador is going to be my next stop. Who else has been there and can share some experiences with me?

CU,
Anne-Marie

1 Like

We are very excited, we are going next autumn. The only thing I have been told so far is the crime rate is sky rocketing so watch for pickpockets and keep your valuables safe.

1 Like

Hi @AnneMarie this great article was written by Washington Post Travel staff writer, Andrea Sachs when she joined THS in 2019, her first sit was in Ecuador …

pet-sitting-5-web

Very envious… we’ve had a couple of invites to fairly remote sits that we haven’t been able to fit in our schedule, and now it looks unlikely for a while. I’m sure you’ll get lots of member experiences, but here’s a blog we found when researching that has lots of info on different aspects of travel in Ecuador - and it’s current from early 2021.

Happy planning!!

1 Like

We’ve been to Quito, Guayquil and the Galapagos and loved Ecuador. We haven’t housesat there but a vacation. I would love to do a house sit there but don’t see that many housesits in South America.

2 Likes

Hi Anne Marie, we house sat in Cuenca, Ecuador earlier this year and then stopped in the Galapagos for a visit before we left. We LOVED it, would return to Cuenca in a heartbeat. Great town, cost of living is incredible, tons of hiking around (which we love) and friendly people. Let me know if you have any specific questions, otherwise enjoy!
Deidre

1 Like

Hi Deirdre,

Thanks for your reply. It sounds great and hopefully I will have a great time there too.
Have you also been to Nicaragua, by any chance?

Have a great day!

Warm regards,
Anne-Marie