Do housesitters not read instructions and feeling so frustrated

Apparently there’s an inner circle on THS @pashirley. Can’t remember the moniker but it’s a group of 8/10 couples who swap/refer sits between themselves. Maybe “angels” something as the name for seriously prime sits. We were rumoured to be up for an invite but yet to have materialised :rofl::rofl: #innercircle

4 Likes

There’s a secret club! Tell us more @Cuttlefish!

Intriguing @Cuttlefish. Who wouldn’t want to be an ‘Angel’?

1 Like

I need this one @Crookie :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face: (actually I don’t know anymore about it, just heard it from an HO) #shallplaydetective

1 Like

That doesn’t sound all that exciting. To me I like the experience of new locations and pets.

Detective CF ison the job!:female_detective: :man_detective:

1 Like

Yes us too. It’s always new locations and new pets, just sits that go super fast and often by private invite. #gottabeinittowinit

3 Likes

Does a seriously prime sit mean a mansion or such?

For me, a seriously prime sit is somewhere within easy walking to city center or in city center, with a sweet pet or two. And it can be a studio or small place. I love sitting amid hustle and bustle, because it’s the opposite of how I live day to day.

5 Likes

Not for us either @Maggie8K - a prime sit is one we just really, really want to do. It could be anywhere with a whole combo of pets TBH. New & different is what’s always the most appealing. #varietyisthespiceoflife :raised_hands:t3:

3 Likes

I am a seasoned sitter who has completed over 110 sits. During the summer we look for sits in a specific area in the south of England because thats where we want to be and my husband can participate in some gliding (maybe 3 or 4 times a week). So the area is our first consideration. Secondly I’m looking for active dogs who walk, are ok to travel in the car for medium and are well behaved around other dogs and people. I love to hike in the company of a dog. I am very truthful in my applications. I am not there solely because the dog is cute, although that is a definite bonus. I’m there because that’s the area we want to spend the summer in.
Would you consider me knowing my criteria?

5 Likes

BTW. I am currently in England. I have done 8 sits so far. I have 8 more to go.

I think you are missing out. Our family pet passed March 2023 and started this. I would never have thought of doing this if I still had pets at home. You would hardly be able to apply for many sits. Now I can apply for several and get many reviews, to provide confidence in my ability. And all my stuff is in storage and I am planning to go nomadic for 6 months after Oct. Someone like me can do long sits, focus on the dog. I am not travelling for siteseeing. Just want to be out of the north for winter. And going to Bali with my daughter over Christmas. Just figured it was the right time to do it before I found a forever home in spring 2025. So someone like me wouldn’t work for you.

2 Likes