Dogs on beds

The problem that I see here is that you have a photo of the dog sleeping on a bed. There are so many sittings listed that it is impossible to read everything so I look at the location and the photos. If there is a photo of a pet on a bed, then I look no further.
Perhaps you could replace the photo of Berkley on the bed.

Hi
Thanks for your feed back.
Amanda

I’ve always loved this Punch cartoon.

6 Likes

Haha brilliant

1 Like

Make sure whoever is sitting is comfortable with this. We dont have an issue with dogs being in beds for both our own and when we do sits.

Absolutely allow your dog to be comfortable. I have often sat for dogs and cats where they love to sleep in bed, and are used to it! The sitter conforms to the sit - not the other way around.
In my experience, sitters can ask if the bedroom door can remain shut during the night or as one reply said - put in profile that they prefer not.
I’ve been house sitting awhile and your dog is not unusual. There are alot of pets out there allowed or encouraged on beds. No judgments here! The pets I’ve sat for who are used to this were all perfectly behaved and super sweet.

1 Like

Thank you. I was of the same opinion. Im happy with my listing and photos. My accepted sitter has no problem either.
You’re right I’m not going to change his routine at this stage in his life. He doesn’t sleep on my bed because he likes his own space. I wish he would though i like his cuddles when he chooses to!

4 Likes

A three dog night, indeed :slight_smile:

Thanks OP for bringing this up. I do mention in the Welcome Guide that my dog is welcome to sleep on the bed (and usually does), but never thought to mention it in my listing. Worth considering, it seems.

1 Like

I’m reading these chuckling and hoping that our sitters PLEASE follow our no bed, no furniture rules! No exceptions! No pity and please don’t fall under the spell of her big, sad, brown eyes. Lol. She became a happier, more settled and secure dog when she learned her beds are hers and our beds are not. Everybody does it different and if my girl makes it to 15, her bed will no doubt be more comfortable than mine. You do what works best for you!

6 Likes

We are not advocating “Dogs on Beds” with this post, that is entirely a personal choice, we’re just sharing findings from a recent study … :slightly_smiling_face:

Cartoon Credit: Our dear friend Rupert Fawcettt creator of Off the Leash

Happy #Caturday … What would the canine equivalent be of Caturday?

Suggestions please? : :rofl: :dog: :heart: :dog:

2 Likes

Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Love this! Fudge did sleep in my bed from time to time (sometimes he liked his own armchair in the bedroom), but this reminded me of a sit where there were two of us in a bed and four dogs sleeping on it. The last image fit perfectly - lots of human thuds to the floor that week and now we ask where they all sleep! :rofl: :sleeping_bed: :dog:

2 Likes

@Angela_L

Woofnesday

1 Like

My own dogs were allowed upstairs in their own beds in my bedroom for a while, but it definitely disturbed my sleep, especially as one would wake up at 5am, wander round and then lean his head on me till I woke up, which he would then take as a signal to jump on the bed. I’m a light sleeper in my own home and don’t always want to wear earplugs at sits till I feel comfortable with the pet routine and surroundings.
Both my dogs now sleep downstairs in the kitchen. Less hassle for accident clean ups, one dog is 13 years old and one is an idiot that eats anything!
I do miss morning snuggles but do need sleep. :grinning::sleeping:

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. Im trying to encourage him to sleep downstairs, because he is disturbing my sleep.