Due to the current situation

Could memberships not be put on hold or perhaps a choice to do so
Until things settle with infection rate of cov19.
It is the sitters losing out after all

1 Like

I know where you’re coming from, it’s the same with our National Trust membership, my Rail Card etc etc … Even when sits have been advertised, I’ve been reluctant to apply. I like to think we are 100% reliable. If a HO has to cancel, it’s not the end of the world for us but we CANNOT let anyone down, so we have only done two sits this year and kept our fingers crossed that all would be well (it was). The other side of this is that THS is not a charity and they have premises and staff to support. I understand the staff have also done their best to support sitters needing accommodation. My Leisure Centre has guaranteed no subscription increases to members who have stayed loyal. They, no doubt like THS, have had a lot of members cancelling their membership with inevitable loss of revenue.

6 Likes

They our asking us to recommend a friend to get a discount.
Someone mentioned on the forum.
What do you do if none of your friends have pets.
Yes I agree with you about staff etc
Its such a shame it has come to this.
There may be people on here that have lost their jobs.
Maybe even furlonged.
Kids to support.
Personally to myself yes a discount would be great or paused.
We our at the age now ,family grownup etc.
Full time sitters our also affected by this.
Do understand were your coming from.

1 Like

Things are pretty bad at present.
Just pray it settles down.
Or pisseeeesssss right of.
For everyone’s sake.

2 Likes

@Windtalker @Diggy

We completely understand your frustrations.

COVID has affected everyone. Businesses, particularly in the travel sector, have been decimated many have not survived, those that have took drastic measures to stay viable, TrustedHousesitters is no exception, we are so grateful to our amazing community who have supported us throughout 2020.

We furloughed 85% of the team, sadly said goodbye to a significant number of talented colleagues, took salary reductions across the team, we were determined TrustedHousesitters would survive and be here for our community when we could resume the lifestyle we have all come to enjoy.

Everything we have done was the maximum we could in order to support our community and remain financially viable.

Listening to our members we have taken this time to develop and improve our product so that members will benefit even more from their membership in 2021 and it’s important that we continually grow our community to give more opportunities to every member, keep more pets happy at home and for the company to grow.

Member’s success and the resumption of their chosen lifestyle, when it’s safe to do so, is our priority.

Thank you for being part of our community.

Angela and the Team

7 Likes

I arrived yesterday evening in my new sit in Saintes (France/Charente maritime) after a tiring drive under heavy train since sunday. With a stop as i lost the habit to drive 800 km alone
The owners drive today to Alps to join their son for Xmas

. We might shorten the sit If lockdown is again decided .
As since march i made 2 sits (3 weeks in England and this 9 days on France) and found 1 couple of sitters last summer i consider my THS fee for a year is ok. It was worth while.
I did not use much my train card, my library card , my gym souscription, and don’t ask for any refund.

4 Likes

Glad you arrived safely.

1 Like

@Provence well done that’s a long drive and in heavy rain, glad you are now safely settled …

Very well put, Angela and the team, where would all we sitters and HOs be without you? It doesn’t bear thinking about, especially for sitters who have no permanent home and HOs who have no one else to call on. Thank you for all your hard work and sacrifice to keep the company afloat and for rewarding our loyalty with an even better service in the future. Vive la THS!

4 Likes

Thank you @Diggy Keeping pets happy at home, giving owners peace of mind when they travel and sitters the very best pet and housesitting experiences are the three reasons we do what we do … and because we all love what we do.

Pets, people & places … we’re looking forward to getting back to doing what we all love as soon as it’s safe to do so.

Happy 2021 … Angela & TeamTrusted

3 Likes

I’d rather pay my membership accepting the current situation and have THS still around when this is all over. Hoping for better things next year!

6 Likes

Have to agree Clare, would rather pay subscriptions than have AFF in financial problems. Investing in the future

2 Likes

I’ve already got my money’s worth with all the sits I have been doing in Northern CA including having repeat customers.

2 Likes

Angela - Please explain why, if you furloughed 85% of the staff and thus greatly reduced your operating costs, you couldn’t afford some kind of accommodation to your members. It will soon be a year that we haven’t applied for a house-sit and, of course, even if we wanted to do one, the opportunities are greatly reduced. Another service I use – HomeExchange – has at least offered to extend my membership for 3 months for free when my renewal comes due. It seems to me THS could offer something similar. Thanks for considering this request.

2 Likes

Welcome @Paljimmy . For sure restrictions are high. But it may not be THS entire fault If you did not manage to find a sit.
I have done one in England last august (decided on january)and another in France at Xmas, decided a fortnight before. I’m french.
I had cancellations from a british lady whose plans to spend Xmas in England were ruined and on my side was obliged to cancel a sit in Switzerland because of curfew and potential lockdown… All that around Xmas
Being also an owner I chose a couple to look after my own pets last summer. Decided months before, all of us ignored if we would make it.
So the annual “fee” was low compared to the service given
I guess THS needs to survive economically . Thousands of members getting a term free must be expensive for the organization, a huge amount of money. For us how much is a term economy ? 30 € ? Not even the price of a hôtel room in nice places…
Let us share hard times.
If you find some friend of yours who likes to subscribe. Then you’ll get 2 months free and the person 25% bargain…

2 Likes

I agree with Provence. It’s hard times for all of us and if THS doesn’t survive then we’ll all suffer. The annual subscription is nothing compared to the cost of hotels/kennels so maybe look on this year as just a blip. Once travel restrictions are lifted, there will be hundreds of homeowners wanting to get away and plenty of eager sitters to step in. Hang on in there … good times are just around the corner (that’s me trying to stay positive)!

6 Likes

Hi @Paljimmy and welcome to the forum, it’s great to have you here.

Thank you for your comment.

We completely understand your frustrations it has been an incredibly difficult time for everyone. The steps we took early on in the pandemic were needed in order to safeguard the financial viability of TrustedHousesitters and secure our community’s future.

Extending or freezing all memberships would seriously threaten the financial viability of TrustedHousesitters and our actions have allowed us to continue operating throughout the crisis supporting our members and working to improve our product.

Much that influences the situation is out of our control but we assure you we are working hard to help members resume their lifestyle when it is safe to do so and there are promising signs with localised sits actively taking place in parts of the world.

Membership Services Team are available to discuss members concerns individually, please connect with them via Live Chat or email, support@trustedhousesitters.com

I hope this answers your concerns and please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss further.

Thank you again for joining the Forum

Angela and the team.

2 Likes

Think its time for Ho to cough up.
To save the company as well.
Everything is really on the sitter
They are certainly in a position to pay.
My renewal is in 2 time days .

1 Do we want to pay for 6 months that’s wasted due to covid19.

2 Offering us to introduce a friend .
Thats new clients for them more profits.

3 Being stranded in a country that the owner has regarded them as unneeded.
Plus they payed travel upfront.

4 Show us an example of who the company have helped to return home.
Or accommodation provided.

5 Explain why us as sitters have no support for vile reviews when evidence is shown as untrue.
Why the phones are on answer machine.
Stating 24hr service.

I don’t understand your comment. HO pay the same fee as sitters to use the THS service. I think there is a reduction if a HO is also a sitter, but really we are all in this together. The covid 19 virus doesn’t just affect sitters travelling, it stops Homeowners travelling, so in theory it is 50/50.

3 Likes

I understand that we are probably not all in the same position, financially speaking. Though I am not a rich person, I’m just fine and I consider making kind of a donation to a company I believe in. I closed some others memberships but chose to keep this one alive. That is my way to see the situation. Some people lost their jobs, not me. I will receive all of my retirement pension, some don’t have any.
Different situations, different positions on this topic.

2 Likes