Effective headlines for listings

Disclaimer: I have no relationship with the homeowners for the listing thumbnail shown.

Sometimes suggestions are made for homeowners to use the headline of their listing to promote the best feature of their listing. The reverse is those who use something like ‘house and pet sitter needed’ - it’s an unfortunate waste of good promotional space. This topic is well covered, with good examples, in the following:

Today I saw a listing that just drew me in; both the vibrant colour, unique staging, and the headline. Then, when I went on to read the Responsibilities, it was written with such humour, where many will be able to relate to the antics of many cats. It was an enjoyable read, and finally explained about the half cat. :rofl:

1 Like

The Toronto sit should be used as an example of a great listing for all HOs.

2 Likes

That is an awesome write up.

1 Like

Can anyone please advise what I am expected to put in the Profile Headline box when updating my profile

Hi @ljanes,
Welcome to the forum. I have placed your question here as I believe this thread will best help answer it. If you go to the beginning of this thread they’re are some great resources on what you should put in the profile headline.

@ljanes, Are you a sitter? If so, I would suggest that you take a look at other sitter profiles to get ideas. If you are an owner, you can add your listing to your forum profile and forum readers can offer suggestions. As a sitter you can do this too. Here are the instructions:

How to add your listing or profile to your forum profile