England Moves To Plan B - COVID Update (8 Dec 2021)

Boris Johnson has confirmed that the Government is moving to its coronavirus Plan B in the wake of rapidly increasing cases of the omicron variant.

Speaking at a Downing Street press conference, the Prime Minister confirmed that people across Britain should now work from home where possible to curb the spread of the variant.

He also announced that the requirement of face masks will be extended to most indoor settings in England, and that vaccine passports will be required for large events.

We will post the official Government Website Update When Available

2 Likes

Where is the “I am gutted” emoji?
Sending all my love to all of us across the world.

2 Likes

The Prime Minister has today [Wednesday 8 December] confirmed that England will move to Plan B following the rapid spread of the Omicron variant in the UK.

1 Like

I find it interesting that the Plan B being put in place in England would represent a loosening of restrictions in Ontario, Canada, where I live. We have been under tighter control for as long as I can remember. I can’t think of a public indoor place where I could go without a mask since early in the pandemic. I truly hope that we can collectively see some light at the end of this tunnel that seems to have so many confusing curves in it. :heart:

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

I can’t help but feel that we are a nation of snowflakes. Many eminent scientists around the world are telling us that this variant is no worse than Delta and that we need to expose ourselves to get over it and to live again.
And … if you believe in mask wearing, don’t come to Luton: the news that we should be wearing facemasks seems to have completely bypassed Luton.

Taking precautions and reacting to new variants is a very personal issue. The Government have put into place what they believe are ways of stopping the NHS being overwhelmed this winter. Right or wrong? Who knows. I read everything I can about COVID. I keep myself very well informed about what rules apply in what countries. With this information I make my choices. I would never ever belittle anyone else who makes different choices to me.
Some “snowflakes” have reasons to be cautious.

1 Like

LTD, please be careful not to inject political bias in a discussion of public health. “Snowflakes” is used by the right wing (in the US and elsewhere) to denigrate those with whom they disagree.

2 Likes

I’m not being political. I’m expressing an opinion.

2 Likes