European borders reopen

Ambassadors from the 27 member states of the European Union reached consensus at a meeting on Wednesday, putting the rules in place just in time for the summer tourist season.

The bloc will accept visitors who have received full immunization using one of the shots approved by its own regulator or by the World Health Organization. That covers the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca and Sinopharm vaccines.

sources : New york times

9 Likes

Does that include US citizens who want to visit EU countries? YES So happy to see this news. Thanks for posting

1 Like

Hi :wave: and welcome

Thank you! Vanessa Anderson invited me to join :heart:

2 Likes
1 Like

Hello Vikki - lovely to see you here :slight_smile: Thanks for coming along!

1 Like

Hi Vanessa! Thank you and look forward to to being active here🌎

3 Likes

Interesting reading. Glad to see things appear to be getting better on the travel front.
Personally I’m not going to rush on board a flight overseas. gonna be watching with an eagle eye though.
Has anyone heard what paperwork will be required for proof of vaccination.
Happy travels etc.
F.

1 Like

I think from what we are seeing at the moment the proof of vaccinations and the testing that’s still required in some countries currently, will depend on the destination. The Foreign travel advice - GOV.UK site is being very pro-active at moment in updating entry requirements for different countries both for Covid and post-Brexit requirements for UK regularly.

2 Likes

That is good news indeed. Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Yes this is a huge big step, but the EU is still deciding which country’s they will allow to visit the EU - Last I heard it may take two weeks before that list of countries comes out - fingers crossed that the US is on that list, but would not be surprised if we aren’t. We have a housesit in the UK that starts in December - really, really hoping that will happen!

4 Likes

The UK is deciding on their own now who can come back into the country, nothing to do with the EU anymore (just to be aware when looking at publications).

We also hope to come to the US later this year but holding back with pet sit applications till we are 100% certain to be allowed in. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yep the UK is not the EU, but still hoping they will open up before Christmas. It is still early-ish, haven’t given up on going to the UK, but also keeping an eye out for alternatives. Thanks @Annett

2 Likes

I have a Florida sit ( a return sit, too ) due to start Aug 3rd so am desperate for Biden to open the US borders to Brits.

5 Likes

Yes, as of the 19th May there are still many restrictions on travelling abroad from the Netherlands. The opening up of the borders is still on a mainly day-to-day (watch & count the numbers basis). Our map of possible travel to countries is still at an all time low.

This was our travel too map as of 19th may even then people are still advised unless necessary NOT to travel even to yellow classed countries. And they were talking about a vaccinatie passport which could be required being introduced at the earliest in beginning of August.

2 Likes

Hi :relaxed: is the Florida sit in West Bradenton?

Hello there from Atlanta Georgia USA :paw_prints::paw_prints:I am not rushing into international travel yet either, as much as I would like to be going overseas. It’s a risky time. So I am concentrating on USA sits nowadays.

1 Like

Hi @Petsitter1,
Yes it is. I cannot wait to visit again. The whole of the US and all I want is a little slice of heaven! Come on Biden, let us in!!

4 Likes

Yes! I am returning to Karen’s in Bradenton in Sept for 2nd sit. Keeping fingers crossed you can come in Aug. She mentioned you to me in April when I sat for 2 weeks :paw_prints::paw_prints:

Oh how wonderful. Here in the UK things are very fluid. The UK gvmt is reviewing travel permissions every three weeks but atm we are virtually still stuck on this tiny island. Keep in touch- my own dog’s breeders live in Atlanta and I’m very close to them. They breed Cavalier King Charles spaniels. Affix ‘Brookhaven’.

1 Like