External References - Change Category or Delete?

Hi there!

I am new to this platform and am currently building up my sitter profile. As prompted, I have requested external references from previous pet owners that I have sat for.

Unfortunately, I now know that the app does not let you select the “type” of reference you would like the reviewer to write. I shared the links from the app and now have received “character” references for all of my references, before realizing this mistake. They should all be “House / Pet Sitting References”. Is it possible for someone at THS to make this modification? I suppose it’s not the end of the world, but I’m a bit of a perfectionist and would love for my references to appear accurately, as they were all for dog/pet sitting.

Lastly, one of my reviewers didn’t exactly understand the type of information that should be included in a reference, and now I have a very short and generic review at the top of my profile, that doesn’t add any context or background relating to my sitting abilities. Is it possible to delete a reference in this case?

Hoping someone might have some insight or a solution, thanks in advance!

Hi @jessicaa9863 firstly a warm welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters … I’m going to tag @Therese-MembershipService from our Membership Services Team who will pick this up for you when she is back online.

Well done for crafting your profile, the amount of time spent on creating one which gives the owner a real sense of who you are and why you want to pet and house sit, one that leaves them with a “I want to have a conversation with this person” feeling because they could be the perfect fit, is worth every minute.

If you need any help or advice on getting started there are great articles on the website and our community members are a really helpful and support group, ask your questions and they will be delighted to help.

Welcome again.

Angel and the Team

2 Likes

Hi @jessicaa9863 I will email you shortly from our membership services. Kind regards Therese

1 Like

I have the same issue .Maybe someone could help me too?