Fascinating Forum Usernames

Book review time coming up :blush:

2 Likes

Well what a great idea
I am an avid reader and that one escaped me. More to catch up with.

1 Like

In fact, AprĂšs moi le dĂ©luge means « I don’t care if there is chaos after I die ».
Pronounced by one of the last kings of France : no wonder we had a revolution !

1 Like

Mine is willexcell and that is because I will excell or at least I think I just might be able to. At least, I can always think it.

3 Likes

So missgoodbottom? Well

it all started way back in the mid 90s with a bit of a ‘superfan’ obsession with the TV Show Lois & Clark starring Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain. That and Friends of course! I attended a convention in the US and met other fans there and from the UK. During a visit they held a huge character fancy dress show and I attended dressed as one of the Lois Lane characters. In one episode she is dressed as a Bond Girl and Clark (Bond) calls her “Miss Goodbottom”. Loved it, sort of cheeky and posh all in one. Sadly I never got to meet Teri or Dean as the show had come to an end by the time I visited but I did get to see some of the sets etc that had been left in place. I’m no longer a superfan these days but somewhere in the loft
history is tucked away!

5 Likes

Thank you for this insight into your username. We all love the old Bond movies :slightly_smiling_face::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m using my real name and now wonder if I should have created a username. Can someone instruct me how to change to a username? If I do, will I be considered an entirely new member on here? Something to think about!

1 Like

Hi @Globetrotter I just went into my forum profile to see if we can edit our own and I don’t think we can. I’m going to ask whether a current forum profile could be merged with a new username, if you do decide that you want to change yours.

I love this thread! So interesting and fun!
For those who know me, mine is obvious:

Mtn =

Sk8tr =

4 Likes

Thanks so much Snowbird!

1 Like

We have our name, exploring meerkats, because meerkats were an animal that my collegiate friends embraced. We were a partially feral group who still loved each other. We love meerkats to this day.

2 Likes

Hi @Globetrotter @Snowbird 
 You can amend your own username although it seems some users are unable to so we’ll look into this with Discourse. If you can, these are the instructions:

Instructions:

• Go to your user icon (top right of screen letter or image)
  • Click on the “head and shoulders” icon
  • Click on “Preferences”
  • The first option is “Username”
  • Click on the pencil image
  • Change and save

If you have any problems or can’t do this, direct message me with the name you want to change to and I can do this on your behalf :slight_smile:

Thanks Snowbird - I just tried and can’t so will contact Vanessa.

1 Like

I’m a huge Tolkien fan. “Valatari” means Goddess in Sindarin Elvish. Diana is the Goddess of the moon or the hunt in Greek and Roman mythology. I know, I’m a geek. Here is my Elvish blessing for you all today: Silo Anor bo men lün.
translation: May the Sun shine on your path!

4 Likes

We are also blessed with a black cat! He wants to rule but his litter mate–a tortoise–sometimes reminds him he isn’t king :laughing:

2 Likes

I love this thread, and it seems there has been a “paws” as we transition from 2021 to 2022. Thanks, @CarolineJohn1 for starting this!

I chose ThreeLittleBirds for two reasons. First is due to our recent devotion to converting our yard to a certified wildlife habitat. We have always focused on native plants and increasing spaces for pollinators. Last winter we put a bird feeder on our front porch that held meal worms, and blue birds, gold finches and nuthatches came constantly! This winter we now have four feeders on our front porch, and sometimes host 30 birds in close trees waiting for their turn.

The second reason I chose this name is that I love Bob Marley’s song, always and particularly now in this world:

Rise up this mornin’
Smile with the risin’ sun
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin’ sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true
Sayin’, (“This is my message to you-ou-ou”)

Singin’: "Don’t worry 'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right"
Singin’: "Don’t worry (don’t worry) 'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

4 Likes

Lovely song to sing as we make our way back to UK unexpectedly.

Thanks @ThreeLittleBirds

1 Like

Mine is quite boring too :rofl: but have no inspiration atm :sweat_smile:

1 Like