Favourite combinations of pets

I am on a great sit at the moment with 2 great dogs, and I was thinking about my favourite sits. I have done almost 50 sits over the past 5 years, with various combinations of dogs and cats and a sparrow, but I think my favourite sits are when you get 2 dogs who just get along and make your life so much fun.

I had several dogs over about 30 years and I think my favourites were when I had 2 who got along really well. I have done a lot of sits with single dogs, and even 4 rescues in Thailand, but 2 just seems to work.

From a long time ago, my favourites are Lucy and Bruno. Lucy is the only dog I have had from a puppy, and she was 17 when she finally passed.

Duffy and Ollie, my final Springer Spaniels, Ollie was a special boy.

Bonny and Clyde, who I cared for 4 times(4 months) in Bali.

Bunny and Bella, again in Bali for a month

Singapore, repeat sit

Singapore -Pig And Pog

Maxi and Juba in Singapore. I looked after them 3 times. Maxi is a star. I think if I ever have a dog of my own again, when I get old, I would look for a wee Maxi.

And others but you get the idea…

13 Likes

I’ve had a few sits with two dogs but they haven’t always got on exactly, or one has been a lot older than the other so one gets a shorter walk. I’ve loved and bonded with them all though, so far, as they all have their particular characteristics.

3 Likes

Great pics @Petermac

2 Likes

There is nothing like a dog. Or two. Or all of them.

2 Likes

What great dogs you’ve looked after @Petermac.

1 Like

What a beautiful collection of photos and sweet pups!

1 Like

@Petermac “Why do we have more than one hand? So we can “pet” more than one dog”

Lovely photos and I’m not sure who looks the happiest … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :dog: :dog: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I should also have added my current twosome the Scooter Kids Bakso and Laki in Bali.

5 Likes

It’s definitely fun and entertaining when dogs get on and play together.

Our most recent sit was a single dog and a single cat (who needed to be kept apart), but it was lovely seeing Fred run and play with a friend in the park.

We’ve only done one sit with 2 dogs and this was more like @Smiley describes. The 2 dogs didn’t have a lot in common and the hormonal puppy was quite annoying for the older dog. Super cute though!

We did so a sit with 4 dogs, where 2 were great friends and used to play with a ball together with varying levels of skill!

3 Likes