Fear of making an honest 'negative' review

Hi @lizandjon thank you for joining the forum and for contributing to this conversation it is so important to get the views of of members from both sides of our community.

The review system is under discussion and all member feedback is contributing to those discussions.

Thank you again for joining and we hope you will become a regular contributor and forum member.

Angela and the Team

Hi @NGC and thank you for taking the time to put together your feedback on the topic of reviews. We’ve moved it to this ongoing topic about the fear members have around making negative reviews to continue the conversation here all in one place. As @Angela-HeadOfCommunity says

I am sure the team working on this will take your comprehensive suggestions onboard. All the best.

1 Like

This thread, with 94 posts, started on April 7.

Another thread, Why do sitters choose not to leave a bad review even after they have recieved theirs - I feel let down by my fellow sitters

with 202 posts started on July 1.

(@Colin , I took the liberty of changing recieved to received , even though I had kind of enjoyed that typo :blush:)

There have been many excellent suggestions of ways to improve the review system, including this latest post from @NGC that has, imo, a very good template

When are we are actually going to see some constructive changes to the review system?

5 Likes

Hi @mars we assure members that the review system is a priority under discussion and development. All feedback is being taken into consideration and as with all changes the product team will update members accordingly.

1 Like

Well we’ve been waiting months, maybe years, for some improvements to the review system….not your fault I know but it’s frustrating

2 Likes

Hi All, the review system is on our roadmap for 2022. This includes private, blind reviews and quite a few other improvements. Thank you for all the feedback. Ben

3 Likes

@Angela-HeadOfCommunity - On July 2nd - just shy of 7 months ago your response to my post was -

" the review system is a matter of discussion within the product team with the objective of finding a fair and transparent system which works for both owners and sitters."

Today, you say
“we assure members that the review system is a priority under discussion and development”

Surely it is now time to stop discussing it and make a decision whether or not THS intend to do anything about it?

9 Likes

Hi Colin,

Member and pet safety are at the heart of everything we do at TrustedHousesitters. You might not be aware but over the last 3-6 months we have been making improvements to references, verification and membership service tools.

The review system is a top priority for next year.

Many Thanks, Ben

2 Likes

Yes, and this is appreciated.

I hope it will include a rating system with categories such as those in @NGC ‘s template.

We’ll be anxiously awaiting the new review system. I hope it comes soon.

3 Likes

Hi @Colin

Ben has replied to your question and included this additional update.

Thank you.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Saved Searches & Site Functionality

A post was merged into an existing topic: Saved Searches & Site Functionality

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Saved Searches & Site Functionality

Hello @NGC
Just observing that your posts are being rerouted not deleted.
For the most part the admin team here have been fairly responsive. The responses may not be to everyones liking or as fast as one wishes but they do respond.
Let’s make effort to be patient and peaceful.
It is also a major holiday season, let’s be mindful of those who observe and may be in preparation, travel, or just simply resting.

Your posts are not getting deleted @NGC they have been moved to the appropriate thread … your questions are about verifications and references not the review system … your post is in the applicable thread.

1 Like

I don’t see that as passive but insightful for future sitters Speaks volumes, actually.

This is so true. The review system is not all right. Also, why can the house owners have reliable, clean and tidy etc. The housesitters should have the same.

Often you wonder why people have left a positive review and the only reason we can think of is that they want a positive review. But we feel that we can’t even trust reviews now! We have been disappointed many times arriving at sits… The balance between house owner and sitter is definitely not equal.

Maybe leave the star rating and let people just write reviews.

5 Likes

Definitely agree on “leaving the stars” and only writing feedback!

2 Likes

I’m wondering how long it’s going to take TH to sort out the reviewing system. High time it was done imho!

3 Likes

Hi @Smiley - the good news is it’s in the plan for 2022 :slight_smile: I imagine this is a big project to undertake, but Ben’s announcement confirms it’s in the pipeline. I’m sure everyone’s input here will be taken into consideration and it’s so good to see forum members being consulted and called to help with feedback more and more as part of the process of implementing improvements. It’s one of the many benefits of this forum :slight_smile: