Films, books and songs about animals!

Just for fun I thought I would share a film title with members of what must be one of the great films about dogs…their relationships with people…the adventures they have along the way. Its a great Australian film called ‘Red Dog’ and I won’t go into detail as if you are interested you can google or wiki it. Do you have a favourite film…book…song etc for a animal…any animal?I am sure others would be interested.

4 Likes

Great post @carpediem :heart_eyes:

I’ve tried to think of any animal related book, movie or song which didn’t have me inside a box of Kleenex … I might be able to eventually, although have my doubts -

The last dog movie I saw was Hachi: A Dog’s Tale a 2009 American drama film that is an adaptation of the 1987 Japanese film Hachikō Monogatari.

The original film told the true story of the Akita dog named Hachikō who lived in Japan in the 1920s.

Will pass this thread to the next animal movie, book or song :dog: :heart_eyes_cat: :racehorse: :film_projector: :clapper: :musical_score: :books: :tv:

download

4 Likes

Hello,
No movie comes to me, often too sad.
So here is the statue of Hachiko in Tokyo in front of Shibuya station

5 Likes

Ahh yes this is extremely heart-wrenching, Hachiko the Japanese Akita dog remembered for his remarkable loyalty to his owner, Hidesaburo Ueno for whom he continued to wait for over nine years following Ueno’s death :cry:

3 Likes

@Angela_L thanks and i will have a look at that…tissues are on special at lidys right now!

1 Like

@Flora thank you flora…those dogs get bad press and its not the full picture!

You might enjoy my book, ‘Barking Mad: Confessions of a Dog-Sitter’ a fictional account of retirees Chris and Rob’s house-sitting adventures!

Available from the store at www.blueormer.co.uk
It’s a humorous account of all the things that go wrong when you’re trying to be the perfect house-sitter!

2 Likes

@Jane oh great! if its about things that go wrong on a house-sit, i probably have a chapter all to myself in that little book! Many thanks