First ever sitter cancelled at short notice

I joined the site earlier this year and was delighted when I got a sitter to look after my cat while I’m away in April. However, she has just cancelled at short notice, and despite me messaging many potential sitters I haven’t yet managed to get someone to take their place. Any advice? I live in a lovely place with a sweet-natured moggy!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this Philippa, especially when it’s your first time I wish I could help you out but am booked, as Bill looks very cute. I do hope you get a replacement sitter.

1 Like

Hi @Philippa22 and welcome to the forum. I’m just going to mention here for forum members that you have a link embedded in your username to your listing. I have not read your listing, but other forum members may give you some helpful feedback.

Durham, UK, April 6 - 14, spending time with a female feline friend named Bill.

If you are a standard or premium member, please keep in mind that you can boost your listing, which will promote you again on the first pages.

If you would like your listing promoted on social media, please send your consent to @Angela-CommunityManager , as she needs your permission.

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

2 Likes

HI @Philippa22 I’m so sorry that your sitter has cancelled and good to see that you have added your listing link to your forum profile and as @Snowbird says there are things we can do to help, one is to share your listing on our Social Media channels, please let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Please also don’t give up hope of finding someone by reaching out, only yesterday an owner sent 7 invites and one member got straight back, her latest sit had just finished and she was looking for another sit close by … problem solved, she arrives tomorrow, 4 days after the owner started looking for a sitter.

3 Likes

Hi, I’d be grateful if you could share the link on your social media, thank you! I’m going to keep sending messages and hope someone is able to help.

Bill looks adorable! I looked at your listing and would suggest more pictures of the interior, especially kitchen, bedroom and sitter’s bathroom. Your first photo should be the most appealing, as that will appear in the thumbnail that sitters see.

Good luck.

Hi @Philippa22,
I’m sorry you had this stressful experience. We are very keen on sitting in your location and will favourite you, though unfortunately we cannot help in April :slightly_frowning_face:
Good luck!
Mary

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Will take it on board.

Just wanted to say that I’ve been approached by a lovely sitter who’s going to come and stay next week. What a relief, thank you for those who’ve commented and offered advice!

7 Likes

@Philippa22 Thank you for coming back to the forum with an update. We enjoy good news and happy endings. It’s encouraging for those who take the time to share their feedback. I hope Bill appreciates you, and her new friend. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @Philippa22 that is wonderful news thank you for the update and as @Snowbird says

Have a wonderful trip and do let us know how it goes … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like