For the love of Fluffy

One day, my hamster Fluffy seemed sick and wasn’t eating much. The vet told me he had a tumor and surgery was an option. I was torn between putting Fluffy through surgery or letting him go. I decided to go ahead with it, and after caring for him during his recovery, he made a full recovery. It was a tough experience, but it taught me to be there for my pets when they need me the most.

4 Likes

@DarioPark , I love the title of your post.

Welcome to the forum! Are you a member of Trusted Housesitters?

1 Like

Hi @DarioPark. Welcome to our community! I’m glad you found us, and I’m glad you took such great care of Fluffy when he needed you most. If you have any questions, including questions about joining TrustedHousesitters, please reach out.

Enjoy your time here in the forum!

1 Like

I totally understand how tough it can be when our furry friends are sick. It’s great that you decided to go ahead with the surgery for Fluffy’s tumor removal.

3 Likes

Hello @DarioPark and a warm welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I am so pleased you decided to go ahead and have the surgery for Fluffy. I remember a budgie I had as a child had a deformed leg and it was severely debilitating for him so my parents decided to go ahead and have surgery to try to straighten, I remember he had a little makeshift lollipop for his recovery but he was all well in the end.

As you are not yet a member I have added a video you might like to watch to explain how it all works.

Also, remember you can use the spyglass symbol at the top of the page next to the TrustedHousesitters logo and search for any questions that you may have as they have most likely already been answered on here and of course if not then please just ask! :blush:

Hello @BraydenNeal and a warm welcome to the Community Forum and it’s great to see you are enjoying joining in with the discussion :slightly_smiling_face:

For reference if you are a member, you can also add your TrustedHousesitters profile on to your Forum profile on here by following the attached link, should you wish. This will then enable others to offer you helpful advice and feedback.

If you are unsure how to do this, or if you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask, we are all more than happy to help. :blush:

It’s great to hear that your hamster Fluffy made a full recovery after the surgery. It’s always a difficult decision to make when our pets get sick and we have to consider the best course of action. Surgery can be risky for small animals like hamsters, but it’s important to weigh the benefits and risks and make an informed decision with the help of a veterinarian.

It’s wonderful that you were able to provide the care and support that Fluffy needed during his recovery. This experience shows how important it is to be there for our pets when they need us, and to do our best to ensure they have a good quality of life.

1 Like