Fostering a good stay for sitters

I’ve discovered you can find all kinds of appliance manuals on the internet. Figured out how to turn a very automated oven on. And where the thingamabob to unclog the water spout of a fancy pod coffee maker is hidden. And learned all about the amazing Aga.

4 Likes

Yes, I always google when I’m not familiar with appliances in sits. I had to lay a fire in one place as they had no heating, had never done this but found a good YouTube video

3 Likes

Me too. I learned how to use an induction stovetop via google. Loved it so much that I bought one for myself now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Again one of my favorite “amenities”!
Wales here I come!

2 Likes

Will look forward to hearing all about it!

1 Like

You know it :rofl:

They have been preparing for my arrival!

2 Likes

I did a year-long pet sit/sabbatical rental in Western Massachusetts in a wood-heated house. Waking up in the morning and coming home from work, house could be very cold. My own dog and the pet-sit dog sleeping on the bed helped but there were some 3 dog nights when I wish there had been another.

2 Likes

I hate clutter, so I throw all manuals in the recycling bin immediately. There is no need to keep them when they are all online.

I’m renting my house out while I’m housesitting and have left all manuals in a folder for the tenants

3 Likes