Friday Fun Challenge .. Are You Up For It?

Try to explain your pet’s name OR a pet that you have sat for …
Currently running on our Facebook Page with many clever (& cryptic) clues!

My 3 leg friend on Bali ???

1 Like

Sylvester Stallone?

1 Like

Would this champ be a Rocky?

The other one!!

1 Like

One of the tiniest wee Jack Russels ever, Rambo. I looked after him and his pal Silas, a black lab, in Scotland a few times. When you shout “Rambo” on the beach people expect a rotty or something, then the wee man appears from the dunes.

2 Likes

Her name was Hoppy.
There is a wee story behind Hoppy’s name.
I did my 1st sit on Bali in April 2018 with the 2 shih tzu’s.
On the beach most mornings this 3 legged dog would join us and walk for a while, I called her Hoppy.
I was there for a month and got to know her quite well.
In August, the HO contacted me to see if I was available again in September for a month, I think it was about 2 seconds before I said yes.
She then added that she had adopted a stray beach dog, with only 3 legs, and had called her Hoppy!!
I didn’t see the owner at the end of my 1st sit, and can’t think of any way she would know that I had named the dog.
I was asked back again in March 2019, and it was clear by then that Hoppy wasn’t very well, and sadly passed away a few weeks after I left, in May, but she had a great final year being well-fed and sheltered.
She was a really friendly old lady, one of my favourites.

4 Likes

@Petermac that’s such a lovely story, thank you so much for taking the time to share … it’s wonderful to know that Hoppy knew what it was to have a family who loved and cherished her, even for a little while. :heart: :dog: :heart:

2 Likes

He may look innocent enough but this boy’s name is an old adage: “anything that can go wrong will go wrong”

1 Like

Murphy? @Diggy … Murphy’s Law

Yes, well done! I shall be posting a story about young Murphy shortly …

1 Like