Friday Thoughts: What Are You Missing The Most?

As a full time sitter I’ve been fortunate to housesit the world. US, Canada, UK, France Spain, Australia, New Zealand, even the Caribbean. Lifelong friendships made, memories to last a lifetime and authentic experiences I could never have discovered through traditional travel.

Since March 27th, no pets, people or places … so what is it that I miss the most?

PETS bonding with a new pet, being greeted by a familiar furry friend. Selfishly perhaps, I miss the way they make me feel, happy, less stressed and needed … I believe as a sitter I get back far more than I ever give, I miss that.

Thanks to technology we can stay connected to one another through the website, this forum or our social media channels. When safe travel returns so will our pet and housesitting lifestyle … we cannot wait

What do you miss the most?

5 Likes

I miss mostly being able to browse, choose and apply to some sits among hundreds of assignments. I miss calling my petsitting friend asking : :"what do you think of this one. isn’t meant for us ? " I miss those exchanges with the pet owners before the assignment. I miss receiving the positive answer. I miss reading the booklet; rules of the house and needs of the animals, I miss asking a leave of work because I am going to petsit for two weeks. I miss buying my plane ticket when needed, booking an hôtel and visiting the city before and/or during the sit. I miss taking care of my furrry friends. I miss my little THS’ life.

4 Likes

Beautifully said … thank you @Brigitte

1 Like

I’m back to sitting, so it’s really just the variety and consistency of news sits that I miss. And being able to get inspired by “oooh, yes, I could sit in Barbados/Iceland/in a castle in Bavaria”… If I see exotic sits now, I just have to skim past them. Z

5 Likes