Gratitude for Home & Pet Sitting Lifestyle

Many of us are full timers, travelers, wanderers who are not lost or broke but choose this lifestyle as a way of living.
Share moments when you’ve felt grateful for choosing the home and pet sitting lifestyle.

I have a gazillion and will start in the thread.

9 Likes

One of my favorite moments is when I get the “yes, I can” moment.
It’s that moment when you realize you can really do something you once felt you couldn’t.
Such as spend a week at dream place or when a HO throws you the keys to one of your favorite vehicles!
I learned how to kayak from a HO, now dear friend! My closest and dearest friends are people I met while pet sitting.
I also lost my allergies to dogs!

6 Likes

Yes! Beautiful @anon36831737!
Asia is on my horizon as well.
It’s so wonderful to explore and discover new people and places.
But the best part is when you discover we are not so different, only on the surface and the things we share enriches all of us.

1 Like

I’m just grateful for all the wonderful places I was/am able to call home for a while, thanks to house sitting. Places I might never have visited otherwise!
Also grateful for the skills I picked up along the way, like cleaning pools or looking after a garden.
And needless to say very grateful for the bond we created with all of the furry friends we looked after!

3 Likes

It’s super fun to actually have more pets than one ever imagined isn’t it?
Learning is a huge bonus too!
Enjoy @Els! Where are you off to next?

1 Like

Finishing a sit in the Dordogne, France, next week for another short one in the same area. What about you?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: We Want Your Tails … Oops Sorry TALES!

My family and friends were nervously supportive when I took off for Central America in 2017. I know enough Spanish to stumble my way through most conversations, but I think your experience in Asia was much more challenging. When we shake off the fear or hesitation and do it anyway, we open ourselves up to the fullness of life!

4 Likes

HA! So true! I can add cleaning pools, monitoring solar systems and water cisterns to my skillset!!

1 Like

That sounds lovely.
I am on a sit in Jacksonville, Florida and from here I go to a 3 month sit in Minnesota, USA @Els. Two cats, gorgeous home by the lake will be a great place to be for the Fall.

1 Like

What a wonderful adventure @TheSaviSitter!
I do love the relationships I have formed with the people I have met. My first South Carolina sit was with 5 cats, one which needed subcutaneous fluid boluses. When I arrived there were also two very large dogs!
Those dogs were and are, two of the most well behaved dogs I have ever met. The couple, an English fellow and his Brazilian wife, are two of my dearest friends now. I sit for them 2-3 times a year now.
Thank for sharing your story.
Travel well !

3 Likes

What a wonderful chain of events indeed!!

2 Likes

So many stories and we all have them … another one for the our Member’s Story request @TheSaviSitter?

3 Likes

I am grateful for meeting some fantastic animals and people and being able to explore parts of the world that otherwise I wouldn’t have.
Even this year has been good, exploring our home area in the south of England, seeing new villages, familiar scenery from a different angle. Being able to stay in beautiful places that otherwise we would just have driven through and finding all the hidden walking tracks around the South Downs. It hasn’t been as exciting as some years but it has been good.

2 Likes

Next weekend I begin my F O U R T H return house sit (yes, 4th!!!) at a lovely house just south of the Thames, London. It’s great to be invited back this many times. It was my very first house sit for the family and doggy three years ago and we have kept in touch.
Similarly, the Florida house sit I did in July 2019 has invited be back yet again for next July 2022. She has invited me throughout the pandemic but as a Brit, of course I still cannot cross the pond.
The July 2022 sit will be for 6 weeks: a great way to begin retirement!

3 Likes

How do I link this post under the Tales category?

Hi @TheSaviSitter are you wanting to submit this post to the Tales topic?

1 Like

You’re gonna love it… :grin:

3 Likes

Hi @Angela_L,
Yes, I wanted to submit the post for the Tales topic.

1 Like

All done for you @TheSaviSitter thank you for sharing such a lovely tale … :heart_eyes: