Greetings from newbies in Saint Paul, Minnesota!

I’m Bosco,

After reading the forum messages as a lurker, I’ve become interested in exchanging housesitting with other members. The honest, sometimes brutal, exchanges in the forums give me a feeling of trust in this community. There aren’t many passive-aggressive, indirect people here, and that’s very comforting to me.

I read a zine called the Caretaker Gazette pretty regularly, and have dreamt about an unmoored, nomadic life exchanging work for lodging.

Hi @Bosco. I’m glad you’ve decided to join the conversations. Are you a member of TrustedHousesitters? If so, you can include a link to your THS page in your forum profile, so our forum members will be able to see it and learn more about your pet sitting needs.

@Bosco Welcome. I lived in St Paul for 15 years, left in 1991. Had a little craftsmen bungalow on Grand Ave between the Red Owl (Kowalski’s now) and the Green Mill.
I’ve had the good fortune to do 2 TC sits since starting with TH, but both on the SW side of Mpls. Would love to get back to St Paul for a sit.
tom

2 Likes

I’m not a paying member, yet, but I sure wish I’d learned about trustedhousesitters more than 7 days prior to our recent 3-week trip to Costa Rica! Everything worked out for our pets, but it was a pain scrambling to piece care together at the last minute because a Wag booking cancelled due to an unfortunate personal emergency.

The rub is that we don’t take many long trips, and usually our sitter needs are one or two weeks per year. However, the cost of membership is certainly well worth it if local sitters are available, since it doesn’t seem realistic to expect globe-, or even state- or city-trotters to pick up such a short accommodation.

@Bosco
I think most of us work to string together sequential sits. For example, I’m in Australia now for 3 sits over 6 weeks. Then I’ll travel across the US for 3 sits over 6 weeks - Boston-Portland, OR-Seattle.
As I wrote above, I enjoy getting back to the Twin Cities - and as much as I liked EP and Shakopee, being in the cities would be great.
tom

Hello @Bosco and a belated welcome to the Community Forum :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

For reference you can add your TrustedHousesitters profile to your Forum profile by following the link below should you wish to once you are a member.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask because we all love to help on here :blush: