Has anyone confirmed a sit but had to cancel a sit

Just communicate. I had two HOs cancel due to covid and neither communicated until I followed up with Them.

2 Likes

We went on a house sit where a young woman did not inform the owner and told all and everyone that the house sit was her home address as it was a long house sit she got herself into money troubles and the bailiffs arrived at the door to take away good to the value of the debt luckily their next door neighbor intervened and after phone calls and a few hours she was made to back her belongings and left and the neighbor looked after the dogs. The home owners were traumatized but tried again with THS and we had a wonderful sit but they have not had anyone else to sit yet.

Whoa!!! You were right to an elegant your sitter. What they assumed they could do was totally irresponsible and userous.

Hello Hazy and welcome to the community forum. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and what an awful experience for the homeowners. Thankfully these situations are extremely rare, but that’s one of the great things about this forum. The sharing of experiences and exchange of knowledge will mean that everyone learns from each other, and hopefully we can avoid these situations as much as possible.

So glad you were able to provide the owners with a wonderful sit experience and reassure them that the majority of sitters do provide amazing care for the pets and do respect the home and the trust that is placed in them.

Enjoy connecting and sharing with others in the forum.

1 Like

We also would be :worried: worried

I have read your post and we would feel the same way you did. It seems unusual that a sitter would be asking you to allow them (the sitter) to use your address for DMV.
I believe that if it doesn’t feel right, perhaps it isn’t. You did what you were most comfortable with and you shouldn’t feel bad for that.

1 Like

Hi Canada, welcome to our community forum it’s so good to have you join us, thank you for contributing to this conversation we hope it will be one of many opportunities you will find interesting.

We should never assume anything and given your user name this may be a very silly question, but are you joining us from Canada? We do have many Canadian members in the forum from every Province and from around the world. What is really interesting and very helpful is hearing the local news regarding travel in Canada as some Provinces appear to be more open than others.

Thank you again for joining, enjoy connecting with other members and sharing in everyone’s experiences. We look forward to getting to know you better and sharing in your THS journey.

Angela and the Team

Thank you and yes we are from Canada. I have refrained from commenting on many posts but thought this homeowner was looking for some assurance. Is this not what the forum is for? For us to share our thoughts.

Best regards,
Wendy Portfors

2 Likes

Yes Wendy, absolutely and thank you for taking the time to help give a fellow member reassurance.

I am so relieved someone fromTrusted Houseitters replied to you. I have also tried to call and left 2 emails and the chat is a bot. i WANT to housesit, but have lost opportunities, because of difficulty trying get rerefence links to work. Would be SO grateful for assistance. Thanks

1 Like

HI @Marcy and welcome to our community forum, but sorry you’ve been experiencing problems getting in touch. I can see 3 references on your profile so I wonder if this has now been resolved, however, just in case there’s still a problem I’ve passed on your details directly to membership services. Please don’t hesitate to let us know here or by direct message if you continue to have issues or need any help, and we hope you find your first sit very soon. All the best, Vanessa

1 Like

HI Vanessa,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I was finally able to get 3 references added, but I’m still having trouble.
Looking forward to getting some additional help.
Marcy

2 Likes

Hi Marcy, Sorry to hear you are still having problems. I will let Membership Services know that you do still need some help. All the best, Vanessa

1 Like