Hello from Lake Chapala Mexico

Hello from sunny San Nicolás de Ibarra, Jalisco! My 3 dogs and I live about 45 -60 minutes from the Guadalajara airport in a quiet gated community which includes the Chapala Country Club. The golf course is on the other side of our garden wall but we’re on the rough so golfers only get close when they’re having a bad day!

I’m usually enjoying the weather and scenery of the mountains and Lake Chapala (& our lovely garden) but have to be in the US for orthopedic surgery. Complications have caused an extended stay so I’m hoping to find a small dog lover that can care for my hairy crew until I’m back home again. This seems like a great group for exactly that!

I’m Attempting to add a link to my “sit”. Not an easy process!

8 Likes

What a great photo and cute dogs. Hope you find a sitter and get well soon

Hello @HavaneseLu and a warm welcome to the TrustedHousesitter’s community on behalf of all the forum team. A big hello also to those 3 adorable smiling faces! Who could resist them!

You are in a lovely area (we have house sat not far from San Juan Cosala) and I’m sure someone will enjoy the nice long sit you are offering, so you can extend your time away worry free.

To get some extra exposure here in the forum, you can post a link to your listing on your forum profile, although the main website is where ALL our members will see your opportunity and be able to apply and message with you as you’ll already be aware.

It’s great that there may be the possibility of a car as that makes time on the lake much easier and enjoyable… especially for shopping.

Hope you find sitters soon and that all goes well with your surgery and recovery.

All the best, Vanessa and the team

1 Like

Hello @HavaneseLu and welcome to the forum. First let me say that I hope all goes well with your surgery. I actually have Mexico as a saved search on the app, as it’s a country I love to return to, ideally each year. However, as you’ll see by my username I am a snowbird, and am also already booked for part of your date range, so I can’t be of any help. However, your area is one I hope to visit this coming winter.

I will mention that when I first started reading your listing, I discounted it when I saw ‘sitter needs a car’. Many sitters will pass by sits once they see that. However, later in your listing it shows that a car may be available. I would suggest you remove the ‘sitter needs a car’ so that you don’t deter someone who may otherwise be a great fit.

2 Likes

Hi!

I hope your surgery goes well! Your dogs are SO cute!!

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. I just changed this.

1 Like

Hola! I did a pet sit in your area in San Nicholas de Ibarra in January - was a fabulous sit, right on the golf course too.
Not sure if this is appropriate on this site, but I was a member of Housesit Mexico, where there are tons of expats & travelers looking to travel around Mexico with pet sits…it’s how I got that sit. Could be another option if you can’t find someone here. (This is an awesome site too!)

2 Likes