Hello from Princeton NJ

I’ve been a member of THS for a few years with the anticipation that I would travel after retirement to do this for fun and travel…but I find I want to do it sooner. I am told I’m going to be a grandmother next year (YEA for me!!!) so I’m looking for house and dog sits in the Portland OR area. If you live anywhere in that area, especially the SE area as that is where my daughter and SIL live, keep me in mind.

I am an innkeeper at Inn at Glencairn, Princeton NJ so you can check me out through reviews there and the THS profile site. Anyway, hello! Please keep me in mind if you are planning a trip in the future. I need a little time to get time away but I do plan to travel to Portland often enough to spoil my family and your dogs rotten! I miss my fur babies as I cannot have any here.

Just FYI, I love cats but my daughter is allergic so I would need to stick to just dog homes for now. Thank you for reading and considering me.

Lydia

6 Likes

Hi Lydia, Welcome to our community forum and a huge congratulations on your upcoming family addition and becoming a grandmother, something very special to look forward to!!

Portland is a lovely city and the Upper Pacific NW is a very special part of the world … pet sitting will be a great way to visit family, close without being too close and you have the company of pets, on your own but never alone.

Enjoy being here, connecting with other members and we cannot wait to share in your new adventures …

Angela & The Team

Hi Lydia. I am from NJ as well. Housesits in Portland are pretty common from what I see in the listings so I am sure you will have plenty of opportunities to land one!

2 Likes

I’ve noticed a lot of opportunities! Where in NJ are you from? I lived in Anacortes WA for 10 years…the PacNW is home to me but I love NJ too!!

Lydia

Thanks for the welcome, Angela. I call the PacNW home so I’ll enjoy every trip I make!
Lydia

1 Like

Hi Lydia,
Did you do a “Saved Search” for Oregon and/or Portland for the time period you wish to house sit there? This way, you will receive alerts as soon as a new sit is posted in your preferred area. You can also enter specific criteria to your “Saved Search”, such as dates range and the type of pets you would like to look after. Don’t write out cats all together! We just looked after two Sphinx hairless cats that would not affect your daughter’s allergies.
Congratulations on being a grandmother next year and best of luck in your search!

1 Like

Hi Lydia
I am originally from Sayreville in Middlesex county. My husband and I are ‘nomads’ now but are in the area for the next several months to visit with friends and family. Landed a lot of great sits in the area.

1 Like

Wonderful! I’m so happy you’ve found great sits. You’re right about cats. I’ll keep that in mind.

Beii if no nomads, do you have a “home base”? How does it work for you?

Lydia

Thank you for the advice. I’ll certainly keep the cats thing in mind!! Yes, I have Portland set up under saved searches. Thank you!

Lydia

1 Like