Hello from The Ficks

We’re new to THS and very new to the Forum.
Just completing our first official THS job and really loved it.
Full of questions and suggestions going forward.
We’ve just sold our house, are both now retired and foot loose and fancy free for a bit.
Loving it!

10 Likes

@TheFicks thats exciting and enjoy your new lifestyle…lots of adventures ahead of you!

3 Likes

Hello @TheFicks! Welcome to both TrustedHousesitters and our forum. And big congrats on completing your first THS house sit - where did you sit and what did you enjoy most? And… sold the house and retired… this has certainly been a big change for you guys it seems! I remember when we sold up and the feeling of absolute freedom and liberation. So look forward to following your journey here in the community - have fun and enjoy connecting :tada: :grinning: :paw_prints:

2 Likes

We’ve just completed a house sit in Thames Ditton which was so easy and a wonderful introduction to the joys of house sitting and caring for other people’s gorgeous pets. We had Fergal, a Lakeland Terrier with arthritis who was so cute.
Today we have moved to our second sit in Farley Green, Surrey Hills with 2 x Welsh Spaniels Teilo and Tomi. Had our first walk with them this afternoon - they’ve had their supper and pills and are very happy boys, as are we.

3 Likes

@TheFicks I dont know Thames Ditton but have done a few sits around the Surrey Hills which is a lovely part of the country especially if you enjoy walking. Enjoy. Oh the Surrey Hills Brewery at Dorking won the UK Best Bitter award a few years ago and they are always turning out great beer there; there is a winery attached if thats more your thing!

Thanks for tips re Brewery & winery - we know this area pretty well so have been to both over the years. Surrey Hills are marvellous.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome :wave:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Woohoo! Welcome to your new life!
I did the same in 2018 and have absolutely no regrets. Life is now so much more amazing. wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

1 Like

Thank you Amparo. It’s a little surreal at the moment. No house but living that dream.

1 Like

It was a bit like Narnia for me for a long time!
Enjoy and best wishes!

We are 9 months behind you. We just completed our 1st sit , trying to get some experience before we retire early, sell our house and take flight. Can’t wait. Have fun and be safe!

2 Likes

Hi @hink29 welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters and congratulations on having completed your first sit … a veritable Noah’s Ark too! There are great opportunities in the Upper Pacific Northwest and it’s such an amazing area to be sitting in and building up your experience and reviews …

There are many full time sitter on the site with a range of sitting experiences and if you have any questions this is the place to ask them.

Enjoy the conversations and connecting with members from around our TrustedHousesitters world.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Welcome. You’re going to love it!

1 Like

Hello - so far so very, very good. Had 2 most amazing sits and just loving it. Dog walking getting us fit too.

3 Likes

Welcome to THS!
Enjoy your new lifestyle & the pets!

1 Like

Thank you. We are. Why’ve we not done this before, I have no idea!?
Brilliant.

4 Likes

Hello,
I think the same😉
Enjoy

2 Likes

That is a common feeling!

1 Like