Hello I'm Romana from Brighton in England

Just introducing myself as a member of this forum. I have been a house-sitter for several years and also used house-sitters myself in the past as I have 2-3 gorgeous hairless cats and used to have many more animals before. My next house-sit is this month with 6 pet rats in Portugal!

2 Likes

A warm welcome to the forum @Romana and thanks for stopping by to introduce yourself! Always good to hear from combined members who have the unique perspective from seeing both sides of the value exchange we all enjoy!

6 pet rats is an interesting sit! I think you’ll get some mixed response on that!! We’ve always been happy to care for small pets, but haven’t had the opportunity of rats yet so will be interested to hear more when you are settled. It seems there’s quite an exodus to Portugal for sits at the moment so if you enjoy connecting with others, do have a look at the European Meetup category as I think a few members are trying to organize a get-together (depending where you are of course).

All the best, and happy Sunday!

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, Vanessa, and yes, I will have a look. I will be near Lisbon until 2nd March and am still looking for another sit in Portugal right after to extend my holiday a bit, but sadly not all advertisers respond to applications at all… I have had rats myself before and am therefore familiar with them. They are actually very sweet, highly intelligent animals who truly bond with their owners - they are probably the most affectionate rodents, much more than a hamster or a guinea pig!

2 Likes

@Romana Oh, you took the rat sit — I’m in Portugal and was looking at that!
Welcome and enjoy. Drop me a note if you’d like to take a trip into Lisbon. I’ll be there from Feb 12 - 22.

2 Likes

Hello Edith, thanks for reaching out - but I won’t arrive in Portugal until Friday 25 and by then you will have moved on. I wish you a great trip!

Oh, I thought the dates coincided with my own Lisbon stay. Well I hope you enjoy it all. I also have experience with rats and know how smart they are!

2 Likes