Hello! New here. cape cod but born in Ireland

Hi everyone !

I have just created an account here but have to get my membership still. We would want to sit for someone as a family so I wasn’t sure if we both need memberships or how that works.

I was born in Dublin, Ireland and moved to Cape Cod, MA - USA 13 years ago. We have two beautiful Doberman, 7 & 5 - they are both pretty active and we have a 2 year old son. :blue_heart::heartpulse::blue_heart:. My husband and I like being in nature and traveling. We love going back to Ireland too and it would honestly be so nice to share more than just Dublin with my son and husband so we would love to find some sit options there in different areas.

We both grew up with lots of pets, big dogs and kitties. My husband is definitely an animal whisperer. My son has been taught to respect the dogs and we never leave them unattended together as we know that as much as they are amazing dogs, they are still animals with animal instincts. He loves to feed them their food and throw the ball for them and pet them gently.

We most likely would love to find someone for our dogs too. Someone that understands big active Velcro breeds :sweat_smile:.

8 Likes

Welcome to THS! Sitting as a family is certainly doable. There are several families that sit, who post on these forums regularly. Do a search and you’ll find much information regarding their adventures. You and your husband don’t need separate accounts for sitting purposes, his information just needs to be included in your profile, as well as the fact that you travel with your child. Some sits are listed as ‘family friendly’ and specifically allow children to be included. You will, however, need an additional membership as a home owner. Best of luck in your new adventures!!!

2 Likes

Hi @nickylouise. Welcome to the TrustedHousesitters community forum. As @Joanne said, you and your husband and son can share one combined pet sitter – pet owner membership in TrustedHousesitters. Just be sure to mention everyone in your profile and when you apply for specific pet sits.

Our team is here to help, so please don’t hesitate to send a message if you have any questions. Our community members help each other have unique travel experiences while keeping pets happy at home. We’re glad you’re part of the community. BTW how did you find us?

All the best,

Karen E

1 Like

Oh yes I would make sure to let everyone know for sure.

I actually came across a FB ad ! I would love to look into the affiliate option too because I do a lot on social media and I think this is such an amazing platform! Thank you Karen

@nickylouise Welcome and great to see you are being well looked after here by the team. I’m just dipping in to let you know I’ve sent just you a direct message with more information about our affiliate program. All the best, Vanessa

2 Likes