Hello There From South Africa :)

Hi everybody :slight_smile:

I am new here on TrustedHousesitters, so I am not to sure how to go about all this. Hahaha.

Okay, let me start by introducing myself. I think that’s a good idea, lol.

My name is Maylene, I am 39years of age and a single mom of an amazing 8 year old.
I am not a big fan of drinking, to old for partying(besides, as I have mentioned, single mom, haha) and I do not smoker.
I respect peoples privacy and boundaries. And a strong believer in treating others as I would want to be treated.
I am more of a home body so I don’t really go out unless I need to and don’t have much of a social life.
I stay with family and homeschool my son which makes me available to housesit at anytime for any amount of length, long term or short term. I am also busy with an online business venture, which provides me with a lot more flexibility.
I am not wasteful, I hate wasting food and tend to work with products in such a way that I try to make sure it lasts as long as it can.
My son and I love animas. We had Pitbulls but they died, 1 of old age and the other of cancer. :cry: They were amazing woofs.
I am friendly with a dry sense of humor. But most importantly, I am honest and trustworthy which I feel is a bit hard to come by these days.

Anyway, I hope I did not bore you too much with my lengthy intro about myself :sweat_smile:

Feel free to direct message me. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi @Maylene welcome to our community forum, thank you for joining us from South Africa and for your introduction, not boring at all!!

We have other TrustedHousesitter families homeschooling and enjoying a pet and house sitting lifestyle, like the Swensons from the USA "We had this crazy idea to take a trip around the world with our three kids" | TrustedHousesitters.com who have returned to the States but still pet and house sit when they can … it’s that kind of lifestyle, once you get the “bug” it’s hard to stop.

Enjoy being on the forum and do explore the conversations as you will find some excellent tips and advice on how to get started.

Angela and the Team

Hi @Angela_L, thank you so much :slight_smile:

I am glad my introduction wasn’t boring :sweat_smile:
That is amazing, I love the fact that this opens ups so much doors and opportunity to see the world.

I cant wait for our new venture ahead.

4 Likes

Welcome, @Maylene!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: