Help & Tips to get started

It is un beautiful Toscana, Italy. I’m SO happy.
Later, i would like to go up. Looking for places in Austria, Germany and Holanda.

I Will be in Toscana for 10 days. This particular owner si very responsable and she always responded.
I have apply for one sot un Granada and other un Valencia, prior to Italy. Lets SEE if i’m lucky!
Unfortunatelly i applied to one un Milan, but they just rejected without saying anything, i don’t think they even read the text.
It was not.meant to be.

1 Like

Oh I love Belize! I was only there for a short layover for work, but had an amazing time. Enjoy every minute of it!

2 Likes

That is so exciting @Bluestone8 !!! I LOVE Toscana :heart_eyes: I studied abroad in Firenze while I was in college back in 2009 and fell in love with Italy. The food, the history, the art, the architecture, the people, the coffee, there is so much to love. What are you looking forward to the most?

Let us know if you get the Granada or Valencia sit too! You are off to a great start!

1 Like

Always wanted to visit Toscana, and i’m SO happy to have the opportunity.
Going for that coffee !!!
Later, i would love to visit Holland
You know , granada place looks amazing, the starting date is un a couple days and the owner have read My message. I wrote again and nothing. I don’t get it that much. The Valencia sitting , read My application, but no reply!
But i have a apply to a new Home in Valencia and im putting all My energy to have a reply and hopefully create a contact with the owner.
Keep you up to date !
Best!

1 Like

Have a wonderful time @Bluestone8 !!! Be sure to post pictures and tell us how your first sit goes. You might also find the blog post below helpful. Happy travels!

1 Like

Thank You !

2 Likes

I’m just getting ready to write a profile, but not sure how to approach it. What do sitters put in their profiles? What are home owners interested in seeing? I’ll be taking my (very well behaved and trained) Sheltie with me, and of course I’d add that information, but what kind of personal data do you add?

His @rosawoodsii and welcome. Take a look at the profiles of other sitters on the site. You should be able to pick up ideas from there and then personalise with regard to your own experience. As you will be taking your dog along with you it may be an idea to start sitting quite locally so that the pets can be introduced to each other prior to any commitments from either side.

1 Like

When I click on a member’s name, I don’t see their profile, only stats on where and when and what they posted. I haven’t yet fully signed up, so is that the problem?

Hello @rosawoodsii That is a great question. Not all members have decided to post their TrustedHousesitters profile or listing to their forum profile. So if you click on their name on the forum and do not see it then that is why.
You can also go to the website itself and click on find a sitter and read some of the sitter profiles to get an idea.

1 Like

Hello everyone How are you?:smile:

I am new in this App and probably I’ve made mistakes on my profile but I’ve applied for more than a dozen of places to take care and Ive been rejected in all of them except in one.

I’ve asked one of rhe house owner for feedback to improve.

This is normal or its because my profile needs to be change?

Many thanks of advance,
Cristina

1 Like

Hi Cristina,
Do you have a link to your profile? If you link it here I’m sure some members will offer feedback. However it took me 23 applications to get my first sit.
My advice would be to look at local sits and last minute sits to hopefully build up your feedback.
Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks a lot give me one sec and I will tey to link my profile :relaxed:

Ohh yeah here it’s my profile

Admin Notice: post edited to remove profile link.

1 Like

@KristaGrym I went ahead and added your sitter profile link to your forum profile, this will enable forum members to quickly access your listing and provide feedback :slight_smile:

You might also find this blog post helpful

Thanks a lot :pleading_face:

1 Like

Some feedback …
I am a homeowner and a sitter too. I was accepted on my very first sit application, without any existing reviews. First of all - your message to homeowners with your application should be very specific to the needs of the homeowner in their listing.
Some things about your profile - there are no pictures of you… GOOD pictures of you with pets are good.

Edited by moderator to meet community guidelines

1 Like

Hello, @lindakilmartin I would like to wish you a warm welcome to the community forum. Here you can connect with members and search for previous topics using the spyglass.

It would be great if you could add your TrustedHousesitters sitters profile and home listing link to your forum profile. That way other members can view them and provide you with helpful feedback and tips.

Here is how:

https://forum.trustedhousesitters.com/t/how-to-add-a-listing-or-profile-link-to-your-forum-profile

Best wishes Carla