How do you celebrate while traveling?

@Amparo That’s awesome!! :clap:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Amparo you live such an adveturous life. I am fascinated!

2 Likes

Thanks @Debbie-L, I’m smiling because more often than not I feel I’m really boring but I do fascinate myself.
I have lived an extraordinary life and still do.

I share a lot of insightful and thought provoking things here that are not necessarily directly related to home and pet sitting because we as humans have so much potential and ability to do so much more than we think we can. It takes courage to travel and go into a stranger’s home. We just need to channel that courage into other aspects of our lives.
Home and pet sitting has been a significant vehicle in my life after death, my career :rofl:.
When you get a taste of what is possible you want to know what else can you do?
I came here to live. And I’m playing full out now.
What are you dreaming of and holding yourself back from doing? :wink:
Ps I ask myself this question every day.
Cheers Lovely

3 Likes

@Amparo such a perfect way to look at the entire picture.

I am holding back from writing a book (my son just chastised me yesterday about not moving forward), but THS does help as I get a chance to delve in a bit.

5 Likes

Ditto :rofl:
But I stopped worrying about it.
It will flow at the right time.
:kissing_heart:
And if it doesn’t, I’m okay with that.
I am still happy, having a great life :wink:

4 Likes

Yes @Amparo you have created an amazing life! Thanks for being an inspiration to us all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes, @Debbie-L: Write that book! Should we ask for weekly updates to keep you accountable? :sweat_smile: :innocent: :grin: :green_book:

@geoff.hom …NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL

@Angela_L
Well done John! How perfect!

We have friends doing that trip right now and enjoying every moment.

Hope your time was amazing!

2 Likes

Greetings!
We left “home” September 10 and haven’t been back yet. In that time, we’ve had our 39th wedding anniversary and both had birthdays and all the holidays. We believe that our travel is our celebration. Our anniversary was spent traveling, my wife’s birthday was celebrated on a cruise ship, and my birthday was celebrated in New Zealand caring for 2 dogs and a cat. Christmas and New Years were celebrated on Mallorca and Thanksgiving in the UK.
Our travels are our celebration and after being in Europe for almost 4 months, the Philippines for a few weeks and New Zealand for 3 months(where we are currently on our 11th sit), we will make a brief stop back through the US before heading back for sits on Crete and Jersey and in Germany.
We’re just trying to follow our motto of “Live a Great Story”.
Dan and Nan

6 Likes

When we celebrated our anniversary earlier this year we were on a sit in U.K. Thoughtful friends arranged for an afternoon tea from Rick Stein to be delivered to our sit .

8 Likes

What a great adventure @Danandnan
You are certainly Living a Great Story :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Not much into celebrations. Luckily, my husband and I are on the same wavelength. I like to do things in the moment and practice relentless gratitude.

Like I love travel, so I do it, instead of having a bucket list. I love afternoon tea, so I have it frequently. Just had some and have returned to my hotel to nap. Seeing Macbeth tonight at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre and I don’t want to drift off, LOL.

6 Likes

@Silversitters how lovely! :clinking_glasses::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This is how to really live. Such inspiring words, Amparo.

4 Likes