Interested in arranging house sitter member meetups - general

Fyfie - The whole thing fell through for various reasons - I tested + for corona virus the day before I was to fly to the UK (and a week before the first sit was to start). And I heard from the Kingussie sit that someone was having surgery so they needed to cancel their travel. And of course omicron. Once I tested + and had to isolate for 10 days, I contacted everyone and all were understanding.
There is a direct train that leaves London at 1200 and arrives Kingussie at 1909.
I isolated for 10 days and had a negative test on 15 Dec. Managed to get a US sit in the Hudson valley of NY where I am now.

3 Likes

Keep us, me :wink: posted.
I’m in Colombia, South Carolina till mid January.
Headed home to Orlando, Florida to show my face and catch up with “stuff” before my next long term adventures.
All of February will be in North Carolina.
March Back here.
April taking the leap across the pond till October. Got 5 sits on my dance card and looking forward to sashaying with good friends and meeting new ones.

3 Likes

@Amparo what a great schedule to keep you busy until you make the big jump across the pond. We will also be overseas, in several countries, April-Sept. and perhaps we will find ourselves in the same vicinity to arrange a nice chat.

1 Like

Talk to me. Send me a DM
Would love to meet you!

1 Like

I am in Vancouver on the 12 December. Love to meet.

@toml I did a sit pre-covid in Peekskill, and have friends in Hudson, NY.

I’m interested in meeting other sitters in my area. Is there a place where we can post where we currently are in the world in hopes of connecting with like-minded people?
Cheers,
Bella in Central Florida USA

Hi Cheri now that members are able to travel once more we will look at how we can help connect our community on and off line … meet ups are great way of doing this.

4 Likes

There’s another thread here with some people who are interested.

1 Like

Hi Cheri,
We live in Central Florida also and would love to have a sitter for our 2 sweet cats (1 yr. old).
Some of our time away is just a few days. Would you be interested in coming to Davenport? (15 min. from Disney).

2 Likes

Hi @Joandcarl1 welcome to our community forum and thank you for joining us from the sunshine State of Florida.

You have a lovely home and your 2 kitties Lulu and Boog are absolutely adorable and you are situated in a super location. There is still time to August 11th your first date, there are sitters looking to travel more and more.

You can also renew your dates which will position your listing in the new daily opportunities, if you need help with this do let me know.

Welcome again, enjoy connecting with our community members, who are very helpful and supportive especially to our new members and we look forward to sharing in your THS journey.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Yes sitter night for specific area’s , city. I would love to.

1 Like

Would love. Until end September Florida .han France and Christmas Canada> Starting March i also would love long sit in FLL or West Coast Florida.

We just happen to have a house sit booked in Kelowna from October 6-11!

1 Like

Matt and I love Kelowna. I met a lovely retired teacher in Adelaide, South Australia. Gene and I were friends from 2003-2016. She split her time 6 months in Australia and 6 months at her home in Kelowna. Matt and I visited her for 5 days on our way to a Penticton cat sit.

Where are you located Cheri? We live in New Westminster, B.C. so Kelowna will be just a nice break away for us on the Thanksgiving weekend.

I’m currently with Matt sitting a home in Central Florida until mid-November 2021.
We want to return to Canada in summer should COVID-19 restrictions no longer prevent us.

I was wondering where you live in Canada. Enjoy Florida!

I am not a resident of Canada.

Hello everybody.
I will be in Port st Lucie Florida starting 15 September. Anybody around?

1 Like