It's time to allow gas reimbursement

I did not realise HO could charge for utilities . I am not sure why they would, unless there was a sitter that wanted the heating on full all the time. I would not charge as we are grateful for a sitter to come and stay.

1 Like

Hi @Coco,
There are some instances where owners have requested the sitter pay for heating or A/C but that is entirely up to the two parties to make those arrangements.

1 Like

I am not willing to take a sit that requires me to pay for A/C or electric. I have to draw the line some place and that is the only place I have chosen to draw a line in the sand. But to be honest some of the pet sits with large animals that require almost 4 hours worth of work every day does not seem like a pet sit to me. It seems more like a part time job.
As for the cost of traveling I am truly considering downsizing my luggage so that ground transport will be easier in the future. We can always find other ways to save a little bit of cash along the way.

1 Like

Hi @Southernsitter I refer to my previous reply … I hope that helps.

Thank you

1 Like

I think we’ve done this topic to death now……:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

We have an EV. Where possible we charge at the sit, and always offer to pay. Costs have risen a little, but it’s still MUCH cheaper than filling with petrol/gas. Where hosts have solar panels, it’s free!

2 Likes

Admin Notice: Topic Closed

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the discussion no doubt it will continue but for now we will close this topic but will re-open should there be a compelling reason to do so.

1 Like