Kitty Sitter Needed! Christmas in Colorado? Dec 23-Jan 5

Dates: Dec 23-January 5th

Request: My housesitter/kitty care person had an emergency, cancelled and I’m on my way to Barbados to be with my family who I have not seen in 2 years. My beautiful cat Selah (say-lah) is here and I need care and company for her for these days. She is 2 years old Lynx point Siamese, feisty, loves being adored and talked to. She’s not really a lap cat but she may deem to gift you with sitting close. or a few minutes in your arms. Photos in the listing.

My home is a bright and light, comfortable 3bdr/2.5 ba, full kitchen and laundry facilities. There is a large office to use, dining area that I often use to craft and for other projects. Kitchen eating nook looks over the backyard.
Guest room is your room. Queen size bed, comfy mattress, sheets, pillows, extra little space heater, side tables, bookshelves and guest bath in the hall near the room. TV with streaming things in the guest room. View of the mountains.

Office is open for your use. Primary bedroom bathroom is open for use, but not the bed itself.

The area: My home is on the south side of Colorado Springs, about a 7 min drive on streets to downtown area, about 10 minutes to Old Colorado City, 15 to Manitou Springs. View of the mountains from the guest room. It is in a newer development.

About 1 hour 20 mins from Denver, about 1 hour 15 minutes to Pikes Peak, close to Garden of the Gods and Red Rocks open space. 15 minutes from COS airport.

Car available upon discussion. Its a new to me car so your driving record is important to me. Check the listing.

Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 16.10.53

Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 16.01.39

Welcome to the forum, but unfortunately for unhappy reasons. Like many, travel restrictions are affecting so many sits. I’ll just mention that you can add a direct link to your listing in your username, but cannot add it directly to your listing. You can edit your listing to remove the listing.

Here are the instructions for adding your listing to your username.

I hope you’re successful in finding a sitter, and that you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

3 Likes

Hi @lmrollins as @Snowbird says welcome to our forum although we are sorry it’s for a very unfortunate reason. There are many travel plans being affected by the current situation which is evolving at a rapid rate in some parts of the world.

Your listing is a wonderful opportunity for a sitters to spend time in a lovely home with an adorable kitty. You can have your listing shared across our Social Media channels, this does give more exposure, please let me know if that is something you would like to have done.

I echo @Snowbird’s warm wishes.

Angela and the Team

thank you! What does “Across social media channels” mean? can you say more. Im interested in hearing more

We share the listing on our THS Facebook page and Twitter feed, including the link … only THS members can apply as applications and all communication still has to be via the site.

I’m nervous about having my listing be public, I’m open to it because I really need the support finding someone. Can you tell me how much non THS folks can see? I’m clear on the application and communication piece. thank you Angela!

Hi @lmrollins apologies for the delay in responding … sharing on Social can be as general as posting images, the location as it appears on the listing and relevant information that will make the listing discoverable by members on the site and indicate that it is a Christmas sit or we can share the listing link which will replicate the way your listing appears on the site.

lmrollins
your sit sounds delightful and Selah is a beautiful cat.
But, I’m on a sit in the Hudson Valley until Jan 2.
Good luck.
tom

1 Like

@Angela-CommunityManager no worries. I’m planning to change my dates to Dec 27-Jan 6th in hopes I can still find someone. Can I change the dates on this listing or is it appropriate for me to make a new post?

Hi @lmrollins you can edit the dates of the listing and relist. I hope you are successful, it is a wonderful opportunity for a sitter to spend time with the adorable Selah.

1 Like