Live in Pearland (next to Houston TX)Just found TH. Looks great!

Hi everyone!
My name is Amy and my husband is Mario. We live a really nice neighborhood in Pearland Texas, which is super close to Houston. We have a 15 month old American Cocker Spaniel named Louis (pronounced Louie) he is the cutest guy ever. We are going on our first trip to Europe end of April in 2023 for 2 weeks. We will be joining Trusted House Sitters before then and hope to find someone that would like to explore this area. We have a 4 bedroom house, but only 2 bedrooms are set up as bedrooms. The other two are an office and a home gym. I am very pleased to have found this service. We have excellent Wi-Fi and a fenced in back yard and a doggy door. Louie loves to take walks and play. He is an attention seeker and mischievous but also very loving and loves to be petted. Well, that is all for now. Thanks, Amy

3 Likes

Welcome Amy! I’ve been to Pearland and it is a nice area. Good luck to you with your travel plans1
j

1 Like

Many thanks!

Hi @AmyJean and welcome to the forum. Following along here with various posts will certainly give you some insights into how best to get a great match so that Louis will have a great housemate while you travel. Be prepared for Louis to not be that excited to see you return though, if he has a sitter who treats him like royalty. :wink:

Reading the forum posts gives you a great opportunity to decide when it might be best to join, what are key things to consider when creating your listing, and how to choose a good match as a sitter. There’s also lots of information on the TrustedHousesitters website about these keys points, as well as informative blog posts. The membership services team will also be there to support you when you have questions.

Francine,
Volunteer Forum Moderator

@AmyJean
I’m a sitter in Spring TX. Having your place listed for April should attract sitters. It’s a good time to be in Texas. You have great things close to you. NASA, Kemah, Galveston, and the coastal area. If it ends up being at the same time Feather Fest is taking place in Galveston be sure to mention that. Birdwatchers from around the world come for that event.

1 Like

Thank you for being so helpful!! I appreciate the guidance and those are some great ideas.

1 Like

I have a question for you. When should I begin joining/looking for a sitter. The trip is end of April of 2023?

@AmyJean
Maybe end of the year. Right before the holidays. Other homeowners may have some input. I’m on the sitter side.

Thank you!

Amy: Welcome to the forum. My suggestion would be to join in the fall and first use THS for a few shorter trips to get comfortable using the site, to get Louis used to having sitters, and to get a few positive reviews prior to your long sit. It is an annual membership, so you can use it as often as you would like. I referred one of my neighbors (who is a homeowner) to THS and he started off with a short 4 day vacation and is now so confident using THS that he is currently enjoying a worry-free 3 month trip in Europe. I hope that you enjoy using THS as much as we do!

2 Likes

Hi @AmyJean. Welcome to TrustedHousesitters and the community forum. I’m a sitter and agree with @Southernsitter. Starting with a few short sits is one of the best ways to get started. I would post the April trip in January, leaving one less thing to do at the holidays and plenty of time to secure a suitable sitter.

Happy travels!
Karen E