Low Picture Quality in Owner Listing?

Hello!

We just joined Trusted Housesitters on recommendation from a friend, but have noticed that our listing’s photo quality is very bad. I feel like it is negatively impacting our listing.

I’ve check the image quality on my computer and have no issues. Do you folks have any advice?

1 Like

Hi @liajwu welcome to our community forum and to TrustedHousesitters, thank you for joining us and I’m sorry that you are having issues with your listing images …

I’m going to tag @Therese-MembershipService who will pick this up and connect with you directly when she is back online … meanwhile I’m going to share a post from the website blog which may help How to choose the perfect pictures for your owner listing | TrustedHousesitters.com

Welcome again and if you need any more help or advice please don’t hesitate to ask the community, it’s what we do best, help and support each other.

Angela and the Team

1 Like

Hi @liajwu I couldn’t resist looking at your listing. Many sitters on this forum have mentioned about photos that are too dark, etc., so I was curious. I think your listing looks wonderful - your home is beautifully displayed and your pets look adorable. I also noticed you’ve listed lots of details that many sitters will appreciate. It’s as though you first read the forum posts before creating your listing. If so, thank you for that. I think you’ve done a great job.

Keep in mind that you can have your listing promoted on social media, but @Angela-CommunityManager would need your consent to do that. You would need to direct message her via her username.

Francine,
Voluntary Forum Moderator

3 Likes

Hi Francine,

Appreciate your kind words. I have to thank my friend and this forum for providing a lot of great start-up information.

Great tip about the social promotion. I will ping @Angela-CommunityManager!

Thanks,
Julia

2 Likes

Hi again @liajwu and thank you @Snowbird … I have to agree with Snowbird your listing does look wonderful, the imagery is excellent. Demi and Neva are gorgeous and you present a lovely opportunity for a great sit experience.

Thank you also to your friend and our forum community for helping you get started, if you need any more support we are right here.

I’m going to tag @Therese-MembershipService again to look at your listing but I really don’t believe there is a problem with the image quality but it will be good to have another pair of very experienced eyes look at it, the pics will be a wonderful start to her day!!

I will be happy to share on our Social channels … just send me a DM to confirm.

1 Like

Hi @liajwu @snowbird @Angela-CommunityManager Your listing is really lovely, and as mentioned by Snowbird and Angela, your images are excellent and lovely and it is so nice to see a full listing with lots of photos. Just love your pictures of Demi and Neva. :wink:
To also mention, that as a standard member, you have the ability to boost your listing once under ‘manage dates’. You would want to do this if you are not happy with the initial response. This means it gets brought up to the top of the website and is sent out once again to all available sitters. We can also help you do this if you email us at support@trustedhousesitters.com. Hope this helps. Warm regards Therese

2 Likes

Pictures look fantastic and of good quality. Funny, as I just saved your listing before logging onto the forum.! We were going to apply for Jan sit but have had a conflict with our schedule. Best of luck, I’m sure you will get plenty of applicants!

2 Likes

Hello @liajwu and welcome to the THS forum!

Having scrolled through hundreds of listings since joining THS last summer, I can truly say that your listing is top notch. The description and lovely photos give potential sitters a very clear idea of what to expect. Indeed, your listing could be used as an example for other HOs. :clap:

I’m sure that you’ll soon receive a number of applications from enthusiastic sitters.

Boston is one of our preferred cities to visit because that’s where our son lives. We were there at the beginning of December and just returned to Switzerland this week. Otherwise, I would have happily applied. I favorited (marked with a heart on THS) your listing so that I’ll receive updates when you look for a sitter in the future.

Best wishes for finding a wonderful sitter for Demi and Neva. They look like they’re great company.

3 Likes

Could not resist … Meet Demi & Neva Thank you @liajwu for sharing your adorable family

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 14.33.39

6 Likes

Appreciate the kind words and encouragement! Excited to start our journey with this community. @Peg @Mary-Kay hope our paths will cross in the future!

4 Likes

I agree with all of the positive comments made above. We carried out a cat sit in Concord, visited Boston by train and just love that area.
We are not available for your dates but I have saved it as a favourite for your future dates.
Good luck

I agree with everyone about the fabulous photos and your listing is the best I’ve ever seen so well done! I would love to housesit for you (I’ve been briefly to Boston at the start of a ‘leaf peeping’ fly/drive holiday and loved it) but not yet prepared to travel out of the UK. Good luck![quote=“liajwu, post:10, topic:9618, full:true”]
Appreciate the kind words and encouragement! Excited to start our journey with this community. @Peg @Mary-Kay hope our paths will cross in the future!

4 Likes