MeetUp in Pensacola, FL, USA -- October 21

Hello fellow sitters and fellow homeowners! We are organizing a THS MeetUp in Pensacola, FL, USA in October. Possible dates are Friday or Saturday, October 21 or 22 at noon. One possible location I am researching is the annual Italian-American fesitval held at the church downtown – I have messaged them to ask if there is outdoor seating and if leashed pets are permitted.

I’ll post final detail soon!

Let me know if you are interested.

7 Likes

@KenandMary1998 what a terrific idea for Florida! I am so glad to see more of this happening around the globe. We are all so fortunate to have the same values about our furbabies and homes, so getting together with like minded people is awesome!

For a little more help you can go to How to Organise a Meetup for great ideas!

Good luck and make sure you post pics of the event!

Hi @KenandMary1998. Going to the Italian-American festival sounds lovely – what a great idea! Hopefully I’ll be able to join the fun :grinning:

OK, the people running the festival say leashed pets are OK in the area with outdoor seating. Yay!

Let’s pick Friday, October 21 at Noon for our MeetUp.

Your feedback on that proposed day and time is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Ken and Mary: This meet up sounds great. I will be traveling on Friday 10/21 from the Mississippi Gulf Coast to my home in Georgia and could take a short detour to make it to the meet up. I would be solo and have no pets with me. Looking forward to meeting you and whoever else can make it. Lynn

1 Like

Wish I could be there!

We hope you can, too! Keep an eye on this thread and I’ll update it closer to the day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I’m so jealous. I had a friend who lived in Pensacola and I was lucky to visit several times. Beautiful place. have a fine time at your meet up.
:heart_eyes:
Fiona

1 Like

We’re still aiming for Friday, October 21 for our Pensacola meetup! Keeping fingers crossed for good weather. Final details to come next week.

1 Like

Hi! I’ve been lurking the forum for updates since your first post!!

I’ll be there a bit later around 2-3p due to work. If the meetup continues into Saturday I’d be happy to meet up then as well! :slight_smile:

We are planning to meet this Friday, October 21 at 12 noon at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, 140 W. Government Street, in downtown Pensacola.

WE’LL MEET AT THE FRONT DOORS OF THE CHURCH, WHICH FACES GOVERNMENT STREET.

We can then go into the festival to get lunch.

There is lots of street parking in the blocks surrounding the church.

If any of you can make it at noon, let us know! Thanks!

2 Likes

This sounds as though it will be a great meetup @KenandMary1998 well done for arranging … the ideal venue for foodies ,especially our doggy friends … food smells heaven :dog: :dog: :dog:

Festa Italiana is a celebration of all things Italian, including food offerings like shrimp scampi, spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, sausage and pepper sandwiches, and tiramisu. Italian music, prize drawings and a silent auction are all part of the event.

Festa Italiana is our major annual fundraising event. Proceeds are used to supplement our annual charitable donations and scholarships in the Pensacola area.

1 Like

@Angela-HeadOfCommunity Thanks for posting the pics! The internet is an amazing thing.

1 Like

@the_travelingvegan_sitter Thanks for your note. We wish you could make it earlier. Do you live in Pensacola? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure yet who will be able to join Ken and me for lunch this coming Friday, but we won’t be there as late as 2-3 p.m. so we’ll miss you. So sorry! :frowning:

Hi @KenandMary1998. You’ve done an amazing job organizing this. Sorry to say, however, I won’t be able to join you. We’re squeezing doctor and dentist appointments and car maintenance into our one week in Destin. Then we’ll head out to France. I really wanted to be able to join you, but it wasn’t meant to be this time. Have fun.

Oh darn! Yes, I live in the area, but about an hour out.

Ken and Mary: I am looking forward to meeting you on Friday 10/21 at noon in Pensacola. I will be driving in from Bay St. Louis, MS on route to my home in Atlanta. I will meet you at the church and will send you a PM with my phone number just in case something changes on your end. Best regards, Lynn

1 Like

Come hungry! :slight_smile: You saw the address, right? Just Google it; that’s a relatively uncrowded area of downtown Pensacola.

1 Like

Wonderful food at the Italian-American festival in downtown Pensacola, Florida (USA). Lynn (shown right) joined Mary and Ken for their first THS MeetUp. It was a beautiful fall afternoon.

5 Likes

@KenandMary1998 and @Southernsitter I’m sorry I wasn’t able to join you today but glad you had a beautiful day, fun conversations, and, I’m guessing, great food.

2 Likes