Multiple dogs, short trips

I have four dogs, all around 8 years old and perfectly healthy, low need (feed them twice a day, one walk a day, fenced yard, they can be alone up to 8 hours). But one of them is a little tricky and will need to meet someone at least 5-6 times while I’m home so he can get used to them. I’d be willing to pay for those introductory visits.

I usually only travel for 3-5 days at a time. My house is on ten acres, 30 minutes from Asheville NC. Sitters would have ample time to explore the area while enjoying my very comfortable, clean home in a beautiful setting. I could provide a car. Does this sound like a situation that would be suitable for Trusted Housesitters?

1 Like

Angelacara
Multiple dogs are a joy for me - watching and interacting with several dogs at a time is fun- have done many 2 dog sits, 2 3 dog sits (1 was 2 bernedoodles and a flat coat - so about 200 lbs of dogs total), and a 5 dog sit. All were enjoyable.
I base in Chapel Hill, so meeting your guys in advance of the sit would be possible, depending on dates.
I’ll watch or your listings.
tom

2 Likes

I agree, some of our best sits have been with 4 dogs. There’s a very different dynamic when there’s a pack of dogs and I just love watching their interactivity and behaviours together. Such fun to be around and engage with.

It does sound like your trickier pup will necessitate the need for a local sitter who is able to and wants a regular house sit. But that said, people house sit for all sorts of reasons, sometimes they also need a short break from their lifestyle, so I think if you are upfront, as you have been here, there’s every chance you’ll find someone. Maybe @toml :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :dog2: :guide_dog: :poodle: :dog2:

2 Likes