New Membership Plans for Sitters (2021)

@Paul - I have looked at the prices but under each one it states Renew onto this plan at the end of your term
Can you confirm, as stated many times, that we can renew onto the standard plan at the same price that we are all paying under the Basic Plan?

2 Likes

Paul will you check mine as well.
To date I haven’t applied for any sits at all on THS this Yr
Have a chat with Angela she will fill you in.
To ask for more money from us is a no go area
Actually regret paying this yrs membership.
As I felt there was little help for a very negative review
Think only way forward will be a legal matter.

1 Like

Hi, existing members are not currently on any of these new plans. Your current plan has been ring-fenced so you don’t lose anything. Therefore moving from your current plan to a Basic plan wouldn’t be advised as you already have everything that’s included in that plan.

If you choose to upgrade to either a Standard or Premium plan to gain additional features, this would include a cost to upgrade.

I hope that helps.
Paul

1 Like

Hi,

I fully understand your sentiment here. There is absolutely no requirement for you to upgrade of you don’t want to or if you feel it’s the wrong time.

Regarding your concern around a review you received, please feel free to DM me and give some more information on this. I’ll do my best to help.

Thanks
Paul

1 Like

Hi @Paul-Head-MS
I am really confused. From what you are saying in that if I choose to upgrade to either a Standard or Premium plan then I will gain additional features. That would intimate that I, together with everyone else, is currently on a Basic type Plan
Looking at the features of the new Basic Plan, it doesn’t include

1. Accident and 3rd party insurance
  2. Dedicated member support
  3. Unlimited saved searches

You are stating that if I want these additional features (which I already have at present), then I would have to pay more.
This seems to contradict your statement that we are ringfenced and won’t lose anything.
What happens at renewal time?
What plan will we all be on then?

I feel that all sitters and HO need definite clarification
Thanks

4 Likes

@Itchyfeet I have EXACTLY the same questions as ItchyFeet @Paul-Head-MS. Can you confirm please?
I can see NO advantage of me upgrading to Premium. I can probably buy a lounge pass cheaper with Groupon! And that little crown icon for premium membership! That’s insulting. I think HOs will see straight through that when they read the 5* reviews I have accumulated over the past three years. £199 for Premium membership? No thanks!

1 Like

@Itchyfeet have you had a reply this question ItchyFeet?

No, @LTD , I have heard nothing yet

IF they read the five star reviews. Or will they see the little crown and think “premier sitter” means premier care? This is a very justifiable worry for me.
Also premier home owners and sitters are pushed up the list when someone does a search. How long before basic sitters will only see basic sits and so on. They are not listening to our concerns, all they see is the money symbol. Personally I think these changes are going to be a negative for THT reputation when the complaints flood in from pet owners who thought they were getting premium standard sitters but the service they received was very much sub standard.
I for one has started looking at other pet sitting web sites, something I thought I would never do. I have been a very loud advocate for THS, recommending it round the world.
Elsie

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the question. Hopefully I can clear this up.

The plan that you (and other existing users) are on will no longer be offered to new members. They will have to choose either basic. standard or premium. What those plans include are outlined in the link that I shared.

However we decided to allow existing members the option to remain on their current plan. This current plan includes a number of benefits and none of these will be lost.

If an existing member feels it would like to upgrade they have that option but equally if they don’t think it offers value for money, they don’t have to.

If no action is taken, you will just renew on to your current plan at your renewal time.

Thank you
Paul

2 Likes

Hi @Paul-Head-MS
What little badge will we then have by our name?

1 Like

Thank you @Paul-Head-MS

I have just been researching the Insurance Element and it seems to have changed.
Am I correct in thinking that the HO Third Party Accidental Damage Insurance used to cover any accidental damage that the sitter caused to the HO property or contents?
It now just seems to cover any accidental damage that the HO’s pet caused?
Does THS not now cover any Third Party accidental damage caused by the sitter?
I am sure that this has changed to the detriment of members

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @Itchyfeet I’ll try to help you also, for clarification this page from the website contains the updated insurance details, including links to the “little details”

I

Hi, no changes planned for this so still just the badge to show that you are verified

Hi @Angela_L
I had already read all of the information on the website which is also within your attached link. That is why I raised my questions.
Do you have an Insurance expert that could provide a response?
Thanks very much

1 Like

Hi, for clarity these are 2 different products

Home and Contents Protection - which subject to the terms and conditions covers the following -

Damage or theft caused by a sitter where the owners insurance policy denies
their claim.

Loss from having damages and costs to others which arise from any single event occurring during
a Sit which results in:
(a) accidental death, disease, illness
or accidental physical injury to a Sitter(s);
(b) damages caused by a Sitter(s) to adjacent
third-party properties

Accident & 3rd Party Liability Insurance - which subject to the terms and conditions covers -

Loss from having to pay damages and costs to others which arise from any single
event occurring during a sit if the pet causes:
(a) death or injury to a person; or
(b) loss or damage of their property.

Am not surprised you don’t understand.
Its in black and white
We as sitters our not covered for anything
If we could get back nearly 6 months of membership we would be gone.

1 Like

From what I understand, nothing has changed from our previous membership coverage, the way it’s always been. What coverage do you think you’ve lost? (Or what coverage is missing, that you want to have included?)

Thanks for this explanation.

From what I can gather the sitter has relied on the HO having THS Home and Contents Protection cover in case of any sitter causing accidental damage
Before the changes in the tiered membership all HOs had this insurance included in the package.
After the changes in the tiered membership all new HOs who have just the Basic Package will not have this Home and Contents Protection.
So the sitter is at a disadvantage if they sit for a new Basic HO
This contradicts previous quotes of “nothing has changed”

I have raised this question before many times:
Will the HO listings state what kind of membership they are on?
I do not want to apply for a sitting if they are on Basic as they will not have Home and Contents Protection.
When I have raised this before the answer was “We have not thought of this”

May I respectfully request that it is thought about?

6 Likes

I’m confused. What’s the difference between the insurance coverage that’s included in our current membership and the insurance provided to home owners who may or may not pay for higher tier account? Don’t we still have the coverage based on our own membership?