Nomads verses travel from permanent homes

As others have said, I think your profile needs some tweaking to “sell” your love of pets more. I’d also add photos of you with animals. There is only one that shows your face and an animal in the frame.

Your posts here (and maybe your sit applications) could be written more clearly. Take this, for example “I have no problem getting uk sits get private invitations all the time.just not out with the uk it Is more difficult as there are 40 plus applicants I’m not a person who goes out a lot apart from when I dog sit.” Perhaps you are using voice-to-text and not proof-reading before submitting. As a HO, I would be concerned about an application that was hard to read and didn’t have punctuation. I would wonder about that person’s attention to detail generally, especially regarding my pets and house.

2 Likes

As I have already said have no problem getting uk sits have lots of private invites problem is the pandemic has hit going out with the uk.and for my pronunciation maybe not so good .but what has that got to do with the fact I’m extremely good with animals very conscientious that there welfare is my first and last important thing.and I am coming out of this forum I have already been told by a house owner on this forum she wouldn’t choose me to look after her cats. Which upset me a lot.maybe I’m a little sensitive but ho hum we’re all different …

1 Like

Well, sorry if I need to be really blunt now, but somehow you don’t seem to get it:

Don’t complain if you are not open to change anything!

YOU complain about not getting sits in sunny places!

You didn’t react positively to ANY suggestion, so you will not get your desired sits!

It’s actually as easy as that.

And I agree, writing more clearly would be nice, even only on the forum.

4 Likes

Getting very upset at your aggressive and simply nasty naritive I don’t think I deserve that you don’t know me .I’m not going to use this forum again because of you.hope your glad you have upset me I’m in tears writing this and I hope your proud of yourself…

1 Like

@Genevere - You may be the best sitter on the planet but if you are competing with other sitters for popular destinations, your first impression is crucial. People here are trying to help you improve that first impression.

5 Likes

In case you are talking to me, I am sorry that you don’t seem to be able to accept criticism.
Everyone tried to HELP you, but you don’t see this.

1 Like

I wasnt suggesting she drive!! She could fly to Gatwick or Southampton then get the train.

1 Like

I’m definitely not the best sitter on the planet and I take on board helpful input but when someone tells me my pronunciation isn’t great it hurts . My education wasnt that great but I get by… but I put everything in to looking after the animals I’m in charge of.I was a registered childminder who look after babies who where a few months old. and toddlers in .my own home to older children as well.my reviews with the care commission we’re very good.my parents were very happy with me.to say from a house owner on this forum she wouldn’t consider me to look after her cats is insulting I have been feeling very upset about this. Why can’t people just be kind it’s been a hard time for all of us some more than others.you don’t know what’s going on in other peoples lives so step back and just be kind.sorry for the rant.last thing before I step away from this forum.

2 Likes

@Genevere, please dont get upset, everyone here is just trying to help you. Me by pointing you to some UK sun just a flight + train away, others and me suggesting you revamp your profile.

You’re obviously a great sitter, your reviews are a great endorsement. We understand you have no problems getting UK sits but you want to go abroad. In this case you have to consider the competition and be able to match them. We think you could do this with some work on your profile.

6 Likes

I put everything in to looking after the animals I’m in charge of

You keep saying that, but your profile - as several people have mentioned - only talks about the fact that you want to go on holiday and not be stuck in a hotel. It doesn’t mention anything about you even LIKING animals. As you’ve received this feedback from multiple people and still haven’t updated your profile to be more attractive to home owners, it comes across as you not really having any interest in changing what is probably blocking you from getting sits in more distant locations. When you keep bringing up the problem but make no steps to fix what is likely causing it, it frustrates the people who are trying to help you.

If you don’t actually want help and feedback on your profile, that’s fine. But it’s likely best to remove it from your forum profile then as people will continue to comment on it because everyone here wants to help you get what you want out of the site.

8 Likes

Of course I accept criticism but to criticise my,pronunciation is crass .and unkind. As I keep saying I don’t. Have a problem in getting a house sit in uk just out with the uk.the pandemic has a lot to do with this.ok I don’t maybe have the education you have but I have a lot of life experience and a lot of love for cats especially…dogs also but definitely a cat lady.young woman can be set in there ways also but I’ hate ageism it is awful to say we are set in our ways because I’m definitely not!

2 Likes

I don’t agree I’m always up for trying new things maybe I’m different or a bit daft I have still to try sky diving maybe this year.

1 Like

Admin Notice:

Thank you everyone but we are going to close this topic as the conversation has gone off topic and unfortunately developed into one of personal exchanges rather than a general conversation about the original subject and here’s a gentle reminder to always be kind, courteous and respectful even when you disagree with the views of others.

4 Likes