Paper or snail mail delivery

I have a question for those sitters who travel extensively. How do you handle your mail delivery? Putting mine on hold is not an option and since I move from place to place I’m finding it difficult to have it forwarded to another address. Any suggestions/ideas?

Hello @puglieseme and
Am I right, are you in il bel sud?

1 Like

We changed everything to online but registered anything else at my brother in law’s house. He then forwards it to the relevant housesit for us.

1 Like

I’m based out of Arizona but currently doing house sits in Northern California.

1 Like

Yes, I switched everything that I could to e-delivery but there is still a random check or piece of mail that still delivers via snail mail. Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking about asking a family member or friend to help with this.

2 Likes

And having caused havoc with my misguided welcome…
As expats, we have some very, very kind friends who take in what little physical mail remains these days and will post it on to us (at our expense, obviously) if it’s needed.

3 Likes

Welcome to our community @puglieseme we are so glad you joined and you are sure to find a solution to your mail dilemma here. That’s what’s so great about connecting with other TrustedHousesitters everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and lifestyle experiences.

Enjoy the conversation … and mail solution.

1 Like

We’re fortunate enough to have a family member who receives our mail and then sends us pictures using Signal Private Messenger (encrypted end to end and truly private). And of course, we’ve moved as much as possible to be managed online. Additionally, to make it easier on our family member, we just started using Informed Delivery from the USPS, which as been great.

We haven’t had to use it as of yet, but there are several services like Traveling Mailbox which can be extremely useful.

Hope that helps :slight_smile: For more reading, we put together an Extensive Travel List to Prepare for Long-Term Travel Internationally and Domestically that talks in detail about everything we do to be prepared for full-time travel.

2 Likes

Thanks! Last night I decided to have my mail forwarded to my sister-in-law. I do have informed delivery which is great but she will also take photos of anything that looks important and then I can have her send it to me. I’ll check out your links!

2 Likes