Pawfectly awful!

Is it just me or is anyone else fed up with the use of ‘Pawfect’, ‘Purrfect’, ‘Pawsome’ etc etc in THS articles? I think this has now been done to death…

5 Likes

Yes - along with fur babies and pet parents.

8 Likes

Yes, those too :joy:

1 Like

Adults looking after houses and pets for other adults but speaking like children. The infantilism is nauseating. Just speak like a normal person!

4 Likes

Yes, I’m afraid when I read such childish language it puts me off and I wouldn’t apply

2 Likes

I so agree @Pips. For such a large and rapidly growing worldwide business whose members must be adults, it is so childish and, as you say, nauseating. I skim over the Trusted Times because of this and, like @Smiley, I don’t apply for sits that use these “cute, childish” terms.

4 Likes

For me add to that list “paw-five” that I’m seeing in TrustedHousesitters emails. Overdone already and likely not understood by many whose first language is not English.

5 Likes

That’s such a good point.

2 Likes

That’s cutting off your nose….
I too dislike these “cute” phrases and flinch when I see an animal dressed up. I have to add I do use pet parent as to me it is slightly better than pet owner as no one can own a cat?
However, if the perfect sit came up - our favourite breed of dog in a rural area away up in the hills with lots of hiking paths nearby they could call their pets as many childish names as the wanted. It wouldn’t stop me applying.

5 Likes

My first language is English….maybe I’m being thick as I don’t know what it means!

3 Likes

@Foldor13 Thanks for making me laugh a little. :slightly_smiling_face: I assume it’s supposed to be an animal ‘high 5’ that so many people do (that I personally dislike and avoid). I don’t see the parallel between ‘high’ and ‘paw’ though. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m with you on this. It just makes me cringe and it’s all a bit too cheesy for me.

4 Likes

I agree with @temba and disagree with @ElsieDownie
I do not apply for any listings that include these descriptions. It is bad enough reading them but I could not abide actually meeting the HO who may then refer to their dogs/cats etc as fur babies. I would run for the hills

4 Likes

This is hilarious - I fly past ‘fur babies’ and didn’t know so many would agree with me. Also any request for me to be a ‘slave’ to cats.

2 Likes

Yes, indeed. I’ve seen a few requests over the years for a cat ‘slave/servant.’ If people are happy being subordinate to their cats, entirely up to them but it’s definitely not for me!

I agree no one can own a cat :black_cat:

3 Likes

Surely I can’t be the only one who doesn’t mind or just reads on :grinning: Yes, it stops being “funny” after so many times, but it would never stop me from applying!!

3 Likes

Oh I don’t pass by because I don’t care for the language but because in my experience it goes along with other traits in owners, or in their demands, that don’t match mine and can lead to misunderstandings about we’re doing with these exchanges.

4 Likes

I’m certainly not going to pass up an appealing sit because an owner calls his dog a fur baby etc. Maybe he calls his wife “honeybun” too but why do I care? It’s nice to find a rapport with owners & become friends but just like real life, it can’t happen with everyone.
For me, any picture of a dog or cat in a tutu/teddy bear/fancy dress is positively terrifyingly repulsive. I’d still do the sit though, if it ticked my boxes.

3 Likes

I saw this yesterday😄

1 Like